Where do I mount for the best view?

valkyrie911

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have searched everywhere and there are no videos showing anyone using a GPS on their window along with a dashcam. I need my GPS unit for travel and have it mounted on the windshield. So has anyone else encountered this situation?

While I don't have any pictures of it a family member will put it in the very top left.
Here is a picture I did a quick Google for to show the area.
J7iOWxz.png

I have also seen some police cars have it in the far bottom corner of the same side

I had the GPS antenna for my head unit in the lower right corner of my windscreen, i will soon replace it with a GPS antenna from a dahscamera.

I had the GPS antenna for my head unit in the lower right corner of my windscreen, i will soon replace it with a GPS antenna from a dahscamera.

the antenna you're referring to is reversible internally should you want to glass mount it instead

Perhaps you could look at relocating your gps, it's not always necessary to place them on the windshield. I have a 5" Garmin gps that is mounted on the dashboard over one of the air vents. It's been there for four years and the only time I remove it is to update the maps. There has never been a problem acquiring signals, no overheating problem from the vent, and no external antenna required.

Back