Where oh where does my video go?

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
Using the Blackvue App on my iPad I can vue, or download a video clip. Then, I can, using the app view that saved clip and by clicking those 3 little dots have options to: Rename; Move; Copy; Share and Delete. But, Copy and Move bring up an error message "Same file already exists". Share.. seems to do something, exits the App and opens a BlackVue Cloud page where I have the option to Sign in to "enjoy exclusive features". Not interested!

Using the "Files" app on my iPad I can not find the video, but it must exist so is there some other trick/app to find it.. select it and let me move it to my other devices/computers. I know I have alternate options.. remove the SD card or use the Blackvue Downloader's that's available @ http://www.gizmocoding.com/ (which I have and use). But those methods seem overkill and surely there must be a way to only use the Blackvue App for a simple file transfer.

Thoughts/suggestions??

So no one has figured out how to get video saved to an iPad..(using the download feature of the BlackVue app) out to be viewed on another device.

Ok, so today I successfully used the "Share" option on a video I downloaded (also today) from my 900x-plus.

It was done on an iPhone 13 Mini. When I tapped "Share" I was given a plethora of Share actions, as I'd expect. I was able to save to the Photos app storage and to the Files app storage. I was able to play the video too from Photos and Files. Other options included Airdrop, Messages, Mail, Upload to Vimeo etc etc etc.

"Share" worked while I was connected to my home wifi network. Downloaded video directly from the 900x-plus wifi while in my car, not via Blackvue Cloud. Walked to my home wifi then tried Share.

Share.. seems to do something, exits the App and opens a BlackVue Cloud page where I have the option to Sign in to "enjoy exclusive features".
I did notice that the app froze when I tapped Share while I was in my car. As strange as this sounds, try to use Share while you are connected to your home wifi network. Just try it, as stupid as that sounds. That's when Share ended up working for me.

So "Share" does work in the Blackvue app, at least for today. For me. When not in my car :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Using the Blackvue App on my iPad
I now suspect there could be more than one issue with Share, some specific to the iPad.

Just checked the Blackvue app on my iPad. When I try to use Share on that the Blackvue app crashes instantly.

Of note is I am logged in to my Blackvue account on my iPad, but not logged in on my iPhone. My Blackvue account is currently of the Free tier.
EDIT: logged out of my account on the iPad, tried Share, now get the "BlackVue Cloud page where I have the option to Sign in"..... then it crashes after i tap "Sign Up Later".

The video in Blackvue app on my iPad was downloaded in September 2021 from one of my Blackvue cameras. Now I think I was trying out Share on my iPad way back then too.

Last edited:
@Ralph2 -- A disappointing answer about move and copy [assuming app same on iPhone as iPad] (1) You have to create a new folder with the folder-with-plus icon at upper right (2) select file(s) to move/copy BUT DON'T TAP move/copy button at bottom yet (3) tap your new folder (4) then tap move or copy. So you can move/copy files into a subfolder of a folder that you can't access in "Files" app. Great! I blame this one one Apple for being so freaking covetious of our files all to sell us their cloud storage.

@Bakertz -- A neat trick with "share" to get a file into "Files" app, thank you... Unfortunately it is literally "a file", share is only available under the three-dots menu for each file, it is not a choice if you select multiple files. Yeesh! I blame this one on BlackVue: Another roadblock intended to divert us to [drum roll please] buy BlackVue cloud storage.

Apart from the above complaints, I'm rather happy with my DR900X-2CH.

Testing described above performed on iPhone 13 Pro with BlackVue app version v3.33_3257 (Release date: May 9 2022)

Seems bloody complicated, gonna have to print those instructions :)
Thanks

@Ralph2 -- You're quite welcome, but I'll reiterate that the copy/move does nada to get your files out of the app.

Reading up on Blackvue Downloader at http://www.gizmocoding.com/ that you mentioned, now that sounds like it's worth the $7 for the license.

@Ralph2 -- You're quite welcome, but I'll reiterate that the copy/move does nada to get your files out of the app.

Reading up on Blackvue Downloader at http://www.gizmocoding.com/ that you mentioned, now that sounds like it's worth the $7 for the license.
Definitely worth it. I found it a bit tricky to set up (the Wifi connection part) and I wish there was a cleared way to download only the last XXX files (possibly there is) but it works fine. It is dependant on your vehicle being within the WiFi range though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X BlackVue Other 1
Back