Where To Buy From

Old-Dog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at getting the A139 Pro and don't know where to get it from in the USA. Only location so far is from VIOFO in China. Can anyone suggest a USA location?

Did you try Amazon?

I applaud shopping local (y), i do this too, well at least for costly things.
Also Danish buyer protection law, is a lot better than many other places,,,,, outside of the EU at least.

I guess nothing to do but wait in this case, i am sure Viofo are hard at work on this

I read they are supposed to have them "soon" on Amazon, but who knows. Imports are still kinda slow I think.

Thru all this corona stuff, Danish Maersk shipping was taking in record profits, they say you can just about set your clock by the arrival / departure times of Maersk ships.
I also think there are a significant wish from Viofo to have theses in the stores before Christmas shopping really ramp up.

On 11/29/22 I asked my Viofo Rep that sent me my A139 Production unit for test & review when they would be available for purchase on Amazon US.
I was told late January, early February.
By that time rcg530 should also have an Amazon discount code too.
If you order from Viofo Hong Kong it usually takes 15 days.
And if the camera is defective you will have to pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong. YIKES.
If you wait until Amazon US gets it in stock shipping usually takes 1-2 days.
And more importantly if it's defective within 30-days the return shipping is free.
-Chuck

Here much more people have applied for X mas aid, among the organisations that care for the poor, it is probably also going to be a lackluster X-mas here
New inflation numbers yesterday did show a decline in this, but it is still extraordinary expensive to be a Dane, as if it wasent just under normal circumstances.

Politicians are haggling forming a government after our election weeks ago, this already made some of par parties drop promises made back then in the run up to election.
Things like a comission to look at the PMs disgraceful handling of covid and supposedly breaking the countrys constitution.
But now it seem like the are ready to nominate her for another 4 years as PM.

They are probably not negotiating much about how to not spend the money they have "stolen" from the Danes, most likely more along the lines of how can we burn thru this as fast as possible while looking all benevolent and wise.

Normally I would suggest VIOFO to use a fullfillment center in L.A. to process orders made via their company website. The product would leave a U.S. warehouse and be shipped to a U.S. address. Returns and defects would go back to the L.A. warehouse. However, this would bode ill with BBMC and other North American vendors.

I would hope that BlackBoxMyCar would get the dash cam well before Amazon. That said, BBMC does have an Amazon vendor spot as well.
They could at least have a returns center in the u.s.

Ordering from Viofo's website, it is shipped from China directly and takes 15-30 days.
You might as well wait for Amazon to carry it giving how long it takes. The risk in that of course is those current Christmas discounts might be over by the time it comes to Amazon for sale.
The best time for dashcam sale discounts are always Prime day and Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend...If you are not in a hurry for dashcam, wait to shop during those days.

Normally I would suggest VIOFO to use a fullfillment center in L.A. to process orders made via their company website. The product would leave a U.S. warehouse and be shipped to a U.S. address. Returns and defects would go back to the L.A. warehouse. However, this would bode ill with BBMC and other North American vendors.

I would hope that BlackBoxMyCar would get the dash cam well before Amazon. That said, BBMC does have an Amazon vendor spot as well.
I don't think it makes much of a difference.

@BlackboxMyCar also sells Thinkware and Blackvue branded dashcams without any problems.
I can also order the same cameras directly from Thinkware's or Blackvue's website. I seriously doubt that Thinkware and Blackvue are shipping each individual order of dashcams ordered from their website directly from South Korea, especially if they are promising free shipping(3-7 business days on orders $75+) and free expedited shipping (1-3 business days on orders $200+).

1-3 business days free shipping from South Korea for something that is only $200 in value?...Nah.
They definitely have a fulfillment center in USA, and I don't see a problem if Viofo decides to do the same.

1-3 business days free shipping from South Korea for something that is only $200 in value?...Nah.
They definitely have a fulfillment center in USA, and I don't see a problem if Viofo decides to do the same.
BlackVue just sent me a B-130X & DR900X Plus.
It was shipped on 12/8/22 from South Korea, and delivered to California on 12/12/22 via DHL.
It flew from Korea to Los Angeles to San Francisco to Sacramento, and then delivered by van.
The whole trip took 4 days.
Here is the tracking link; https://www.dhl.com/us-en/home/tracking/tracking-express.html?submit=1&tracking-id=8581224422
The box that was delivered to my door by DHL was the same box that was shipped from South Korea.

When I get cameras from Viofo it takes 15 days.
They fly from Hong Kong to Los Angeles, and spend 5 days of processing time in LA.
It's because they send a bulk order of cams in one big crate.
Then someone in LA unpacks the big crate with a bunch of different orders going to different customers / locations, and repackages my separate order, and ships it to me using USPS.
The return address on the USPS shipping label is NEW JERSEY. lol

BlackVue just sent me a B-130X & DR900X Plus.
It was shipped on 12/8/22 from South Korea, and delivered to California on 12/12/22 via DHL.
It flew from Korea to Los Angeles to San Francisco to Sacramento, and then delivered by van.
The whole trip took 4 days.
Here is the tracking link; https://www.dhl.com/us-en/home/tracking/tracking-express.html?submit=1&tracking-id=8581224422
The box that was delivered to my door by DHL was the same box that was shipped from South Korea.

When I get cameras from Viofo it takes 15 days.
They fly from Hong Kong to Los Angeles, and spend 5 days of processing time in LA.
It's because they send a bulk order of cams in one big crate.
Then someone in LA unpacks the big crate with a bunch of different orders going to different customers / locations, and repackages my separate order, and ships it to me using USPS.
The return address on the USPS shipping label is NEW JERSEY. lol
Interesting to know.
Yours maybe a special case though because you are a reviewer of dashcam products, so they may have sent it via expedited shipping as part of "the cost of doing business". Same way Apple or Google may send their latest phones to MKBHD (still hard for me to believe that he is only 29 and has made this far already) for his YouTube review audience.
If you ordered these products on your own from the website, I can also certainly see that being worth it given the value of the products that you received is $390 + $490 = $880 worth of products.

I don't see first class international shipping 1-3 business days being worth it for something that is $200 in value, but Thinkware probably knows something that I don't.

For those wondering about Viofo delivery times:

Nov 30 - ordered directly on Viofo website
Dec 07 - order shipped
Dec 08 - arrived in Toronto
Dec 09 - opened, inspected and released by CBSA (Customs)
Dec 14 - delivered in Ottawa by 9:00AM

I was surprised at the length of time that it took for Viofo to process and fulfill the order, but overall, a couple of weeks delivery time just before Christmas is pretty good in my books.

Back