Where To Buy From

Ordering from Viofo's website, it is shipped from China directly and takes 15-30 days.
You might as well wait for Amazon to carry it giving how long it takes. The risk in that of course is those current Christmas discounts might be over by the time it comes to Amazon for sale.
The best time for dashcam sale discounts are always Prime day and Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend...If you are not in a hurry for dashcam, wait to shop during those days.

I don't think it makes much of a difference.

@BlackboxMyCar also sells Thinkware and Blackvue branded dashcams without any problems.
I can also order the same cameras directly from Thinkware's or Blackvue's website. I seriously doubt that Thinkware and Blackvue are shipping each individual order of dashcams ordered from their website directly from South Korea, especially if they are promising free shipping(3-7 business days on orders $75+) and free expedited shipping (1-3 business days on orders $200+).

1-3 business days free shipping from South Korea for something that is only $200 in value?...Nah.
They definitely have a fulfillment center in USA, and I don't see a problem if Viofo decides to do the same.
Hey guys, jumping in here. Thanks for the mention. We specialize in our fast shipping and support :) happy to answer any questions that you may have.

If you live in the States you might get it in about 10 days. I'm in the Caribbean and got it in about 15 days, but it came to the US through NY.

And if the camera is defective you will have to pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong.
No defective A139 Pro is leaving China just because all of Viofo dashcam are verified before packing. On Viofo dashcams there is no DOA but maybe only if the shipping box received a massive hit.
The biggest problem of buying from China is just the return just because you don't like it. In my country if you buy locally you have 14 days of return just because you want that. Of course, you are paying the shipping cost which is about $5.
The second problem is the warranty which is better to be local warranty. In my country the warranty is 2 years!

Shipping back to Hong Kong, maybe in the US? I bought my A229 on viofo.com and I got a german address for my defective unit to send back.

FWIW, Ordered from viofo.com on 12/11 and it arrived in Ohio today, 12/23.

Hey @Ontarian, did you need to pay duty for it? Just ordered it from Vancouver today.

I also ordered direct from Viofo to Ohio. No duty paid, just what Viofo web site said the cost was. I ordered A229 Front. About 15 day turn around.

I'm in the Caribbean
I hope you can share some footage some time from this former Danish island.

I think we made a good deal, got a bit of gold, and the US promise to back us in our claim to Greenland,,,,, a much - much larger island though in a much colder climate.

CBSA,,,,, Guessing Canadian Border Security Authorities. :)

In Denmark it would just say opned by Danish customs so those lazy bastards can get their cut.

I just got mine yesterday! Ordered on 12/17 on the Westcoast, California.

-Shipped 12/24 from Hong Kong
-Arrived 12/27 to San Francisco, Bay Area

I paid for regular/std shipping but Viofo upgraded shipping to speedy DHL express FOC (free of charge)!

Really wanting to get hold of one, but don't want to risk getting stung for import taxes/charges ordering direct. Can't find anywhere in UK with stock.

Really wanting to get hold of one, but don't want to risk getting stung for import taxes/charges ordering direct. Can't find anywhere in UK with stock.
I ordered direct from Viofo.com and did not have any import charges. I chose the slow shipping method.

Reactions: MjF
Viofo sent thru DHL. Custom did not charge any duty. But DHL charges me $24.xx clearance fee. o_O
Did you request priority shipping? I went with standard shipping and there were no additional fees.

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 5.13.07 PM.png

Did you request priority shipping? I went with standard shipping and there were no additional fees.

View attachment 63444

Yes it was free shipping so I guess I didn't pay any attention on what shipping was chosen. Feels like a ripped off by DHL by charing that stupid clearance fee even the duty is $0.

I hope you can share some footage some time from this former Danish island.

I think we made a good deal, got a bit of gold, and the US promise to back us in our claim to Greenland,,,,, a much - much larger island though in a much colder climate.

The Danish know more about these islands than most Americans from the states, which is a bit sad. I'll share some footage when I can.

I think its a case of knowing a good thing when you loose it.
And of course then there is that reminder of a very dark time of our history.

Just ordered one to Brooklyn, NY from Viofo web page to replace my 2 years old A129pro duo. The capacitor on 129pro died, so final recording is always corrupted when power is cut. Capacitor seems to have died and I'm not in the mood of soldering new ones in.

By the way it's a little funny that I've been a member of the forum for 9 years now and I am considered a "new member" because I don't post much :)

Back