Where's the firmware update to disable voice while in parking mode?

DJFroggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey @VIOFO-Support ,

You said a while ago that you would give me a new firmware to test on my T130 that disables voice while in parking mode and I still don't have it.

Thanks!

Eric

We have also adjusted the bitrate, and this firmware has been released on the official website.
Having no voice in parking mode is ideal. THANK YOU!!! Really wish we had a 60fps option to get a clearer license plate shot but I know that's a hardware constraint as well.

I ran the firmware upgrade today and my rear cam is gone.

First, I upgrade the main unit by using FWT130A.bin file. After camera rebboot, I turn off the camera, copy the file EthcamTxFW.bin into the memory card, plug back to the camera and turn on. This time, all 4 Leds on the camera keep flashing forever. After waited about 5 minutes, I turn off the camera. Check the memory card and the firmware file was remove, but after turn on again I can only see 2 CH (front and interior). I try to turn off the camera, unplug all cable and wait for 30s, plug it again... and the rear camera never come back.

First, I upgrade the main unit by using FWT130A.bin file. After camera rebboot, I turn off the camera, copy the file EthcamTxFW.bin into the memory card, plug back to the camera and turn on. This time, all 4 Leds on the camera keep flashing forever. After waited about 5 minutes, I turn off the camera. Check the memory card and the firmware file was remove, but after turn on again I can only see 2 CH (front and interior). I try to turn off the camera, unplug all cable and wait for 30s, plug it again... and the rear camera never come back.
Definitely not the outcome I had when upgraded the T130 rear camera. The first thing is to make sure the USB-C cable for the rear camera is fully plugged in on both the front and rear cameras.

Make sure the files you used have the following file sizes (I included md5 checksums as well if you can execute a md5sum command on them):

1662012003685.png

Here's the version info after upgrading both cameras with the updated firmware:

1662011620971.png

Yes my md5sum are the same. I upgrade my rear camera to V1.1_0120 before. I think I'm out of luck now. I need to find a replacement but VIOFO didn't sell this one.

❯ openssl md5 /Users/sang/Downloads/FWT130A.bin
MD5(/Users/sang/Downloads/FWT130A.bin)= cbf409a4bce53ec65aa34936d78ed892
❯ openssl md5 /Users/sang/Downloads/EthcamTxFW.bin
MD5(/Users/sang/Downloads/EthcamTxFW.bin)= 1001f6b2130f85a49764cb67da0a389a

This time, all 4 LEDs on the camera keep blinking forever. After waiting about 5 minutes, I turn off the camera.
It was necessary to wait, it does it for a long time, now you just need to reflash it !!

It was necessary to wait, it does it for a long time, now you just need to reflash it !!
Yes, I learned it the hard way. But there are no way that I can flash it by using the camera. So I’m looking for another way to load it.

Rear camera update takes about 50 seconds not 5 minutes!
The update take more time than the front camera, but not 5 minutes.

Rear camera update takes about 50 seconds not 5 minutes!
The update take more time than the front camera, but not 5 minutes.
Yes, that’s what I remember when I did the rear camera to V1.1_0120 before. And I think 5 minutes is mean something went wrong. Also all 4 LEDs are flashing, not just the Rec Led.

Yes, that’s what I remember when I did the rear camera to V1.1_0120 before. And I think 5 minutes is mean something went wrong. Also all 4 LEDs are flashing, not just the Rec Led.
Hi.
Have you tried to load the t130 main camera and rear camera software to the card at the same time and energize it?
the main camera is updated first. restarting will update the rear camera.
it's worth a try.

Hi.
Have you tried to load the t130 main camera and rear camera software to the card at the same time and energize it?
the main camera is updated first. restarting will update the rear camera.
it's worth a try.
Thanks, I tried that too. And after the camera reboot after upgrade the main unit, nothing else happen. The rear firmware file still on the card.

Thanks, I tried that too. And after the camera reboot after upgrade the main unit, nothing else happen. The rear firmware file still on the card.
Have you tried the reverse cable ends? ie plugging the end of the rear camera into the main camera input..?

(it's the only possibility I can suggest with what's available.)

Back