Which cam to buy for parking mode + hot climate

65fastback2+2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in a hotter climate (Houston, TX) and need a capacitor style.

I dont require GPS at all, but want parking mode.

I tried a G1WC but it doesnt have parking mode and after a weeks use, quit recording properly, so I am looking to move on to something better.

I mean yes and no as always lol. Not a million, but if it works good, I'd consider spending some money on it. I tried the uber cheap with the g1wc and it didnt really cut the mustard so that wasted my money there.

I mean yes and no as always lol. Not a million, but if it works good, I'd consider spending some money on it. I tried the uber cheap with the g1wc and it didnt really cut the mustard so that wasted my money there.

I was confused by parking mode at first, and honestly probably still am to some degree, but in my head there are a variety of parking modes so it really depends on what you want/need. I believe the Street Guardian has pre-buffered parking mode so you can get some time before the incident once triggered, while others are simply motion and or g-sensor and only start recording when activated.

The other option is to just run the cam 24/7. I've considered doing this because the hardwire kit I bought SHOULD shut it off before it drains my battery too far, though I haven't tested it. I'm still thinking I might buy some 40,000 mAh battery pack so I can simply plug the cam into that should I feel the need to run it in a sketchy parking garage etc.

I guess motion activation is the better term. I dont want to have to plug/unplug it all the time and letting it run 24/7 isnt an option (esp since many have a bright light that stay lit up on them).

If you want to stay in the $100 range the mini series has both g-sensor and motion, but it seems the reliability on those is hit or miss.

I only have first hand experience with the Mobius, which you can turn the LED's off or on and there is no screen, it's small enough that it's not noticeable either. It would take all of 3 seconds to unplug it from the hardwire kit and plug it into the power bank. It does have motion detection, but no g-sensor.

If parking mode is the one must have item, I'd probably go Street Guardian and get the pre-buffered.

is there a specific model number street guardian I should be looking for?

Hi "pony car" driver :cool:
I would go for the SGZC12RC, the camera unit is pretty small, and the headunit you can stash just about anywhere after you done the initial setup, just dont hide it too much, you will still need to get hold of the SD card once in a while.

You can try to look for the Lukas Dash Cam. LK-9750/LK-9350 (Touch Screen) LK7950/LK9370 (Wifi/Wifi with screen)
Giving that if you understand the motion sensor is one of the main feature in the parking mode of a dash cam, the camera will start to record when the sensor detects any motion nearby.
Refer to the hot climate problem, Lukas can solve many overheat problem comparing to other brand.
Lukas is currently one of the best in recording videos in parking situation. No matter how dark the area is, when there is little light coming through it can clearly record the whole object. As you can see in the video

Moreover, there are many auto dealerships in Vancouver BC carrying the Lukas Dash cam. Example, like the Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Porsche
You can have faith on the Lukas.

Back