which fuse slot to connect to?

xyz123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I'm new to hardwiring and fuse boxes. I got the hardwire kit for the sg9663dc pro, and I am wondering which slot should I plug the two fuses. Also, is the ground wire is good where any metal to metal contact?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

NOTE: I am installing on a 2019 Subaru WRX

Yeah ground you can get from any screw that have connection to the chassis of the car, on my friends car i drilled a hole and tapped it on the metal bracket that hold his fuse box in place.
As to which fuse to go for, i would try the low level fuses first, like seat heat - accessories - cabin light, ASO, don't go near fuses for airbags and engine management - ABS, ASO.
Some cars do keep switched fuses going for a while before they turn off, so best to turn of your car with the door open, let it sit for a while before you have a look at which fuses are on all the time and which are not.
I use a cheap multi meter set to < 30 V DC to see what is what, and i read in here old school testers with a regular bulb in them can be a hazard for this job.

Some of the more geeky guys will probably be along soon and recommend specific fuses to try in your case.

thank you very much! that's great info [emoji16]

best ground point is generally the factory ground point nearby the fuse panel, be careful with where you ground, some of the metal in the underdash area is rubber mounted for NVH reasons and can be a poor ground point

if connecting to the factory ground point this is normally a bolt with quite a few wires connected, best to have the battery disconnected when removing the nut as you'll have a bunch of circuits that may lose power intermittently while you're working on it

I don't even think those cars are sold in Denmark, i found a Subaru dealer and all he had aside for the regular cars was the BRZ, and it have a starting price of 65.000 USD
I think when Danes are spending that kind of money on a car ( which are not unusual due to our sickening taxes ) then they go for something else like.

I did manage to find a few used ones, probably imported as used cars from more sane countries around us.
A used WRX - STI 2.5 L / 4D with a low mileage ( < 10,000 KM ) start around 83,000 USD for a 2017 and there is a single 2018 WRX - GT with 6000 KM on the clock for sale at 103,500 USD :rolleyes::oops:

As the fuse panel in mine was close to the door, I used one of the hinge bolts (which had opportunely worked itself loose) as the ground. YCMV

As the fuse panel in mine was close to the door, I used one of the hinge bolts (which had opportunely worked itself loose) as the ground. YCMV

If it worked loose before then it might do that again. Would be something to keep an eye on. Electrically, a good ground is a good ground wherever you find it- go with what works for you.

Phil

If it worked loose before then it might do that again.

Hence the ground use. If it dies during use, I suspect the bolt is loose again.

Back