Which one to chose ?

Unlimited.
What about a go pro or xiaomi yi with a dslr lens so it is below f2.0... Maybe f1.4.. Unfortunately xiaomi yi almost decimally didn't have any official/hacked firmware for loop rec and auto start. Don't know about go pro.

Edit.. Let's say I do the WiFi... Just pure night clarity with the least amount of mutton blur so I can read number plates even at some very small speed difference between me and other car let's say Max 25-30mph.
So just the best night cam with as low f number lens and maybe 1/2.7" sensor.
With this as guide which one of these: HP f800, drive pro 220, vicovation Marcus 4, panorama 2s, dod 460w OR another ?
Roadhawk HD claims some super duper enhanced low light sensor but don't provide clear lens and sensor specs.
Lukas again no info I've got.

Last edited:
action cams generally make poor car cameras, great at what they do but not designed for continuous operation, changing the lens won't help that either

reading number plates when moving at night will be more about luck than anything else, very hard to do on even the best of cameras

Ok...which one of these has the best COMBO of f number lens + best/largest sensor+ bitrate OR in your experience best night quality:
-roadhawk hd
-panorma 2s
-lukas lk7700 pro(samsung cmos) or 7900 ara (sony cmos)
-blackvue dr600gw

any other which is missing ?

Edit: any 4k autofocus dash cam or 1080p autofocus 30 or even 60 fps ?

Last edited:
Out of those the Panorama 2S would be giving the best - you may want to add the Panorama X1 and which is known over here as the Street Guardian SGZC12RC and also the SG9665GC - you can get both of those from http://www.hiniko.com for the UK market.

Anyone got raw night video from Roadhawk HD and Lukas Lk 7700 or 7900 ?

Cheers! I came across the CF-100 but wasn't sure cause the 60 quid seemed like a clear counterfeit price lol.

Cheers! I came across the CF-100 but wasn't sure cause the 60 quid seemed like a clear counterfeit price lol.

The deal to which I linked is fulfilled by Amazon, & you needn't worry about it being the genuine article. It would be decent value at £150. The review done by @niko is well worth your time...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...p-sony-exmor-cmos-720p-gps-24-7-parking.7441/

I think it's one of niko's favourite DashCams, & he's owned more of 'em than anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Amazon link is to a cf 100 with 69.99.

The Amazon link is to a cf 100 with 69.99.

Exactly so. That's the only deal I can find that includes the front & rear cameras & 16GB card & is fulfilled by Amazon. Avoid buying products from Amazon that aren't fulfilled by them.

Just saw a 3 way video wit hmoebius, panorama x2 and mini 0806. The panorama x2 is slightly better than moebius thats better than mini 0806.
I understand panorama x2 and 2s have same sensor and same 15 mbps bitrate. are they the same at night or doesnt the x2 firmware process differently at night ?

So...panorama 2s or blacksys cf-100 or roadhawk and lukas LK 7700 or 9700 or 9750 for added wifi....anyone got experience either roadhawk or lukas comparable to panorama 2s ?

edit: right lukas seems to have lots of firmware bugs as recent as apr 2015.
Any problems with panorama 2s / x2 not recording or stuff like that ?
Anyone got experience with hp f800x or transcend drivepro 220 ?
raw night video ? bitrate info ?

Last edited:
JooVuu sell the MateGo MG380G in the UK - the X2 is different at night due to a different lens.

Back