Which player do you use to view Mobius footage?

thomo59

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been setting up and testing my new Mobius camera, however can not get the footage to play smoothly on my lap top. Have tried VLC media player, downloading K lite codec pack but no better.

Please can people advise what they use.

Thanks in advance.

From the Manual...

Q. Playback is erratic or stutters or the playback colors are psychedelic or the video flashes, has corrupted blocks etc.

A. Always first copy the video file from the memory card to your hard drive.

• Your PC or graphics card may not be powerful enough to playback the video stream.

• You may not have enough memory installed in your PC.

• Use VLC Media Player. Window Media Player often chokes on underpowered machines.

• Psychedelic colors may also indicate problems with the CMOS lens module. Make sure the CMOS lens cable is correctly seated and not cracked. The lens cable is very fragile.

I've only had a couple of test runs but I find my Boxee box pretty slick. Using the USB adapter, I just plug it in to the boxee media player and I can flip through the footage on my TV.

Another one to try is Registrator Viewer. It's used for GPS dash cams, yet has features everyone can use like Zoom, slow speed and the ability to link clips together for non stop play.

Have been setting up and testing my new Mobius camera, however can not get the footage to play smoothly on my lap top. Have tried VLC media player, downloading K lite codec pack but no better.

Please can people advise what they use.

Thanks in advance.
How old is your laptop?
If it can't play a video(regardless of what type of player you use),then there's a good chance the laptops' onboard graphics card is not capable.
The problem with laptops is that their graphics card is soldered on to the mainboard so replacement for a new card is a no go.

I realised some time similar problem if playing high bit-rate footage ( 18, 21mbps bit-rate ) on VLC. But smoother playback was on KMPlayer.
Which bit-rate you chose from Mobius settings, highest ?
Try 15Mbps bit-rate video recording and see if playback is smoother on VLC ?

Thanks all for the advise and help.

VLC.
Registrar Viewer.

I agree with jokiin, on older machines media player classic is great.

I just use straight Windows Media player on both my high powered desktop, and my 3 year old laptop. Both run Windows 8.1 and handle HD video from my GoPro and any dash cam just fine.

What's "ffdshow" that pops up with options?
Another one to try is Registrator Viewer. It's used for GPS dash cams, yet has features everyone can use like Zoom, slow speed and the ability to link clips together for non stop play.

ffdshow is a set of DirectX filters for Windows; they are needed to play most of the video formats other than Windows Video/Audio. ffdshow-tryouts is more up-to-date than plain ffdshow and it's continuing to be developed so IMO it's better to use it.

So when that window pops up, what option should I choose?

Could you post a screen shot please?

When this pop up window appears press Print Screen (a key on your keyboard). Launch Paint, select Edit - Paste then File - Save As; select save as type JPG, click Save.

To post it click on "Upload a File" button when you are typing your message here on the forum. Choose that image file you have saved, it will appear below as a thumbnail; click "Thumbnail" to insert your screen shot into your message.

Alt + Print Screen will save just the active window to the clipboard rather than the whole desktop which can sometimes be more suitable

Yeah I press Alt Print Screen and nothing happens. Somebody PM me.

Back