White balance , Color tone of Last firmware is look dune.

qoogolf

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
On the firmware Last version (V15_621) , I think white balance is not correct ?
I tested last firmware compare with previous firmware the color has different tone.

Compare with picture mode EV+1/3 ,Colorful , Other Auto.

V15_621 (Last) Tone of color is dune, dark, little green tone not realistic tone.

V15_527 and V15_512 is same color tone look good ,close to realistic and i like this tone, i think is better than last firmware.

V15_527

V15_512

Any one feeling like me ? you can test by you self.

@omegamoto
Above photo test with same setting and light condition in my room.

Reason for set auto white balance because
"I need for test ablility of camera or firmware to auto adjust correct/nearly real white balance"

This issue has a effected when use Video mode too.

Color seems not "equivalent" between photos. But for a comparison you need the same settings on both firmwares (specially WB), "same" lighting, same framing, etc.

Reset all settings and try again and only change the WB (use one of them, not Auto).

I haven't seen this though since i don't do photos with the Git2.

If you set "fixed" white balance mode to Daylight/Cloudy/etc. , sure nothing different between previous firmware.

Reason for this topic I meaning use in "Auto" white balance mode.

During shooting video , when you move from outdoor sun light to indoor fluorescent bulb or cloudy zone , color temperature has changed .
Are you still set white balance to "Daylight" all time ?

No , not good idea for fixed white balance mode.

Please make understand my point.

Last edited:
Hello @qoogolf , did you manage to solve this issue. I tried previous firmware but the white balance is still like in your first picture :(

Back