Why do I get angry and swear a lot?

Rajagra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini0806
Ooooh, I don't know. Could it be because I have to deal with drivers like this all day long?

(This followed a number of similarly annoying incidents in the previous few minutes, hence my initial comment about it being prime time for 'idiots'.)

Swearing throughout. I think I may have to give up this job soon.

It's like someone translated the inside of my car with a British accent. laughing.gif

I am pretty sure if i was a cabby i would have killed myself or someone else first and then myself as i am not able to deal with being deprived of my ability to move freely.

It is nice when a fellow motorist cut you some slack, but really i hate too when it like in the video here become too much.
There is a time and a place for everything.

I have seen people stop here to let a car on a side road out, and its not like the traffic was stopped further on anyway, and this was on a major 60 - 70 km/h town road ( default town seed are 50 km/h here )

My car with Swedish cook accent.

Anger do have a effect on my pronunciation, more so than the occasional slip of the tongue i off course have as English are not my main language.

I try hard to be helpful, but I usually manage it without stopping, by slowing down just a little, or even speeding up just a little. It's amazing what you can do if you look ahead and plan.
But things I don't do are:
  • Cause severe problems for numerous people in order to help one or two people. That's not for the greater good. It's not helpful, it's stupid. I wish people would think this through.
  • Override the functionality of traffic-light controlled junctions - other than in exceptional circumstances. It usually causes more problems than it solves. Everybody will get their turn, just let it happen.
This road is horribly congested. It was bad enough that she (?) was going too slow (which acts as a multiplier for congestion), but I dread to think how many people behind me got stuck at the lights when she stopped.

And if my van could talk you'd sound like a Church preacher compared to me :p That's the main reason I keep the audio turned off for all my cams. I'm compensating for the boredom of repeating myself by trying to learn to swear in a few other languages which I hope will extend my sanity :whistle:

Phil

Ill see if i can remember to save a couple for you then Sawmaster and then PM them to you so not to trigger sensitive ears in here.

You need the patience of a saint these days especially with the coffin dodgers, but seriously try to relax a bit more, resin yourself o the fact there are far more idiots out there you'll never win, I learnt years ago that when you get REALLY angry a chemical is released into the blood that causes pain in kidneys I think it was, mine were crippling pains for that reason I get annoyed but control it, if you get angry they win and your body loses, yes it IS easier said than done but worth it, I often wonder whether we need re tests for older/some drivers ?

resin yourself o the fact there are far more idiots out there you'll never win

we are fighting a up hill battle for sure :D
But i will be damned if i will let these tossers win without a fight.

Are you related to Gordon Ramsay?:D

Ooooh, I don't know. Could it be because I have to deal with drivers like this all day long?

(This followed a number of similarly annoying incidents in the previous few minutes, hence my initial comment about it being prime time for 'idiots'.)

Swearing throughout. I think I may have to give up this job soon.

Yes, I'm sure stress can affect your health in ways the medical profession wants to brush under the carpet for some reason.
I was very ill at one job, resigned and took some years of work. Big extravagance, but my health improved immediately and I soon felt stronger than, well, at any time in my life to be honest, even compared to my teens /twenties.

Driving in London is undoing all that improvement.

I read a convincing argument that stress is a big cause of heart disease, not just indirectly or figuratively, but literally. I think it was the book below. It may not be the most authoritative, but it exposes some shocking distortion of fact from the field of medicine :

The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B0078XGXQM
Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PS there's a great quote in that book, originally from the Washington Post :

"how bias can creep into collective decisions: ‘When companies with identical interests are underwriting virtually all the researchers, decision makers can become susceptible to “group think .” The military has a name for this sort of trap –“incestuous amplification.”’ I love the concept of incestuous amplification. Never was a truer phrase coined than this. I knew that there had to be some psychological explanation for the collective madness surrounding LDL levels and treatment with statins. My phrase for it was the ‘tyranny of conformity’. But I prefer ‘incestuous amplification’. It sounds much more pathological and in need of treatment."

There seems to be a lot of incestuous amplification going on in climate change theory too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That was super entertaining, thank you for sharing :D.

They replied to an urgent text.

Back