why do they do it ??

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[MEDIA=youtube

23 mph and a double entrance to turn into !

Last edited:
Can't see a reason from the video, maybe there is a concrete bollard to be avoided?

However the road appears to have markings telling you not to do what you did so I guess it happens quite often...

you learn something usefull every day !!!!

better delete it !

Where the road markings just as you passed that carpark or do they continue all the way along that road? If they are just for the carpark then they are probably there due to previous similar incidents.

Never noticed them before , but they do go the length of the road and having passed a test years ago before they were ever invented...

you ve seen the result !!!

what I don't get is why people feel the need to indicate left then move 2 ft to the right to make a left turn into something you could manoeuvre a jumbo jet into ! see it all the time !

what I don't get is why people feel the need to indicate left then move 2 ft to the right to make a left turn into something you could manoeuvre a jumbo jet into ! see it all the time !

people driving cars like they're maneuvering a semi trailer is a common sight here also

Turning circle of the new Smart ForTwo - 6.95 meters
Turning circle of my car - 11 meters
Turning radius of a jumbo jet - 30.8 meters (for the wheels, 48.5m needed for the wings)

I quite often move right to make left hand turns, often because I need to, but if you are going to go into the opposite lane in order to get around a tight corner you should indicate your intention first and give way to anyone already using that lane - which in your case they didn't!

Not all cars are made with the same turning circle, mine is a smallish car with a largish turning circle, I've had a few occasions when somebody has insisted on waiting for me to make a turn before they move out of my way - they can see perfectly well that I can make a turn and I know perfectly well that they are in my way!

Mitsubishi Evo, possibly the worst turning circle of any modern car, in that I'd expect anyone to have to swing wide, plenty I see that do it don't need to though

people driving cars like they're maneuvering a semi trailer is a common sight here also

You do mean "Here", Australia or China? both;)?

Mitsubishi Evo, possibly the worst turning circle of any modern car, in that I'd expect anyone to have to swing wide, plenty I see that do it don't need to though
Apparently 11 meters, exactly the same as my MG, they are about the same size too.

I remember following a Land Rover with a multi-axle horse trailer out of a carpark with a chicane at the exit - he did it first attempt with no problems, I had to reverse twice even though I expected a problem and started off fully on the wrong side of the road!

Australia, China is something else altogether when it comes to driving, I have a China license as well, driving there is always an adventure

After your driving in China, do you believe driving in Australia is so easy?

I found the road in Germany is not wider than what China has, like 6 lines, 8 lines, but people are driving there fast and smooth.

After your driving in China, do you believe driving in Australia is so easy?

I found the road in Germany is not wider than what China has, like 6 lines, 8 lines, but people are driving there fast and smooth.
Where have you been in Germany? :O Most motorways here have like 2 or 3 lanes. Have never seen such a huge motorway in Germany.

Edit: Probably not talking about motorways? :oops:

I think that got lost in the translation, Rock meant you don't have wide roads like China (the road outside my home is 12 lanes across) but you drive much faster
If everyone drives twice the speed they will all get there in half the time so there will only be half the cars on the road at any time so you only need half the lanes :)

If everyone drives twice the speed they will all get there in half the time so there will only be half the cars on the road at any time so you only need half the lanes :)

Funny ! ! !

12 lanes outside your home?! Glad I live in a cul-de-sac :)

Actually we're on a corner at traffic lights, the side road is not as busy thankfully, only 8 lanes across
I would love to see a picture of that.

Back