Why isn't there a revamped version?

arsh

Reaction score
Country
United States
This might be best for one of the Mods who are in manufacturing, but i'm just curious if there's a reason they never made an updated version. Obviously i get why you wouldn't do v2 or whatever because by now its a cheapo $20 model but why hasn't someone taken the same case and did a proper chipset with new tech by now and setup something respectable for $80. Of the few cams i've gotten to test this one has the best profile (decent screen but discreet enough) just bad reliability.

just bad reliability.

the kiss of death, why try making an improved version when it's going to look just like every second failed one out there, once they degrade a model with low cost junk versions it's not the sort of thing you can easily recover from, if anything it just flushes out more junk versions that try and cash in on the look

I suppose that's true. Just sad as IMO it has the best asthetic design just obviously poor internals

what is it you like about the design?

I'd say it's the overall profile (correct rectangular shape and size). A lot of cameras have either gone square or even the rectangular ones seem too large. I'll have to take a pic (i have one mounted as a temp cam, usually keep one on hand since theyre $18), but where it sits by my mirror is enough for me to adjust, yet small enough to not be in the way or a distraction. The other cams i've had (non stick mounts) always seem too bulky and take up too much windshield space. The point is to record a crash, not become a blind spot.

it was one of the more compact solution at the time, there are better alternatives around now though

Back