Why Mini 0906 power down after disconnecting from main power?

Clarendon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all

I bought a Blueskysea Mini 0906 the other day and waiting for the auto electrician to install it in the coming days. It will be hard wired to main power.

In preparation, I updated the firmware on the device without any problem. I used AC power -> micro USB to charge up the dash cam to make the settings and the power indicator shows that there is power. I charged it for about 20 minutes., howeve, once I disconnect the AC power source the unit shuts down within 2 seconds. In my settings, I had selected one minute to shut down. I thought the capacitor was suppose to keep the unit running for a few more minutes at least.

Does this sound like I have a faulty dash cam/capacitor or is it suppose to charge using DC power from the car battery?

Grateful for any advice.

AFAIK the capacitor power is to allow the camera to save the current file only. If it hard wired to a acc and constant power it will switch to parking mode when the engine is switched off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFAIK the capacitor power is to allow the camera to save the current file only. If it hard wired to a acc and constant power it will switch to parking mode when the engine is switched off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the prompt reply Flyfisher Sir

I think you are right as I had misunderstood what a power capacitor suppose to do. It is not meant to power the device like it would a digital camera. So i don't have a faulty unit then. That's a sigh of relief.

Thank you once again.

I have the same issue. To be more clear, capacitor does not seem to have enough power to save current file. Last file is always corrupted and non-readable even after trying several .mov repair tools.

The capacitor is needed only to properly finalize the file during a power outage.

I have the same issue. To be more clear, capacitor does not seem to have enough power to save current file. Last file is always corrupted and non-readable even after trying several .mov repair tools.
It is possible that the capacitors in your dash are faulty.

Yeah, probably faulty, like other things with this crappy dashcam. Camera is brand new and capacitors does not seems to be bulging or anything. Will try to buy new ones and replace them, we will see.

Back