WiFi Problem

Yes, that is normal.
I also meant with it switched off and without a card inserted it comes on. Switch it off, insert card, doesn't want to swtich on. I'll get hold of a 32g card today and see.. Aint holding my breath though you never know..

I also meant with it switched off and without a card inserted it comes on. Switch it off, insert card, doesn't want to swtich on. I'll get hold of a 32g card today and see.. Aint holding my breath though you never know..
That usually indicates a card issue.

First and foremost I'd like to say thank you for all of the help.. Much appreciated.. Secondly I'd like to say I'm a f****** idiot. So sure of myself I was actually trying to install the firmware from HERE when in fact I needed the firmware for this

The camera was not coming on as it was obviously doing a quick bootup check before trying to going into "update firmware" mode and realising very quickly that the idiot in charge was trying to install the wrong bloody firmware.
My excuse if any is that I work nights and was trying to sort it straight after a shift ffs. I fixed the issue Saturday afternoon after letting out a long drawn out moan complete with a slap to the forehead after realising where I had made the mistake and without hesitation the cam updated to 2.4 and the wifi has worked ever since.
So there you have it. I'm a tit and I can say with a heavy heart, let the ribbing commence :sneaky:

So there you have it. I'm a tit and I can say with a heavy heart, let the ribbing commence :sneaky:
Well, why not...

The camera was not coming on as it was obviously doing a quick bootup check before trying to going into "update firmware" mode and realising very quickly that the idiot in charge was trying to install the wrong bloody firmware.

We checked the firmware was correct when you were asked this:

does it have the format "FWA129P.bin"?
is it in the root?
Yeh course..

So I guess you gave the wrong answer, and then said:

Nige, I'm no novice with tech fella.

At which point anyone trying to help is stuck, so the only good advice was to start again:

Calm down, nothing outrageous about it, simply that you are doing something wrong!

Try again and follow the instructions to the letter, don't skip anything because you think it unnecessary or wrong.

But you ignored that...

Presumably you did follow that advice eventually!

Would be good to know how we could have helped you solve the problem sooner? You are not the only "idiot" that we try to help, but at least you have let us know what the problem was, which is much better than the rest of the "idiots"! So thanks for updating us :)

Back