Wifi station mode?

rodenas

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this dashcam, but I need to be sure about a few things before buying it:

- I see in the app that a wifi station mode can be configured. Is this working correctly in the MT1? It joins correctly the local network and the streaming ports are accessible?

- Is there a MJPEG/MP4 streaming available? Looking at other posts, it looks like there's no RTSP, but there is HTTP streaming. Is this a "normal" streaming (I mean, using a common video container, and viewable in VLC)?

- Can be configured a cut off voltage? (via the app or via switches)

Thanks a lot!

For those interested, Viofo just answered me that the MT1 doesn't support wifi station mode. I guess because of the "small battery" argument that they like to throw (not in my case, since I got a backup battery). I'll have to cancel my order... :(

Another update... I finally bought the camera and it actually has a wifi station mode. It works, no problem. Though it seems the RSTP stream is not enabled.

Another update... I finally bought the camera and it actually has a wifi station mode. It works, no problem. Though it seems the RSTP stream is not enabled.
Hi Rodenas,
I also configured the wifi station mode in my MT1, but the device is not connecting to my wifi network at home. Under normal conditions, the MT1 acts as an access point for connection with mobile phone. How do I switch over to wifi statoin mode to turn the MT1 into a client for my wifi network?

Hi Rodenas,
I also configured the wifi station mode in my MT1, but the device is not connecting to my wifi network at home. Under normal conditions, the MT1 acts as an access point for connection with mobile phone. How do I switch over to wifi statoin mode to turn the MT1 into a client for my wifi network?
It's quite easy, you just need to configure the wifi station setting in the app. Maybe you need to enable WPA/WPA2 modes in your router. Also, note that it only works with 2.4 GHz. Though the rtsp won't work, this is the viofo reply: "due to the hardware limitation, if you only use the front cam, it can support both HTTP and RTSP url, but if you want to use 2 channel, the cam can only support HTTP url.". So the claim about it having rtsp is not true.

Just pull the sd card and plug into a pc/laptop, so much easier

Just pull the sd card and plug into a pc/laptop, so much easier
Yes, you can do that... every single time that you need to check something. Or just do it comfortably from any part of your house and whatever device you want. What's the point of giving an answer completely unrelated to the question?

The main point here is quickly checking the live video... in my case, I want to be able to check the live streaming of the motorbike surroundings when it's parked in front of my house. Or even, using a hotspot with a VPN, when the bike it's parked anywhere else. But the rtsp and wifi station mode need to be functional in order for this to work (I am already doing this with my car and a Blackvue, it shouldn't be that hard to get the same with a motorbike camera...).

Ive had several car viofo dashcams and the wifi is painfully slow to try to watch vids direct from the camera, hense why I suggested pulling the card, once every few weeks or less, its not like you get an incident every day. good luck its what i did.

Ive had several car viofo dashcams and the wifi is painfully slow to try to watch vids direct from the camera, hense why I suggested pulling the card, once every few weeks or less, its not like you get an incident every day. good luck its what i did.

I don't know which model cameras you have but many dash cams now come with 5 GHz WiFi which can dramatically improve viewing live video.

The video playback over wifi/internet works just fine with my Blackvue, I don't know about Viofo since I'm still trying to setup my MT1 before installing it.

Sometimes the Blackvue in my car is triggered by some event, and I can check it very easily through my phone, VLC player at home or whatever... it would be really tedious having to check it removing the SD card or standing and waiting in front of the vehicle. I just want to be able to do the same with the Viofo camera.

Also, as I said, with a hotspot you can check it remotely, which I find extremely handy. I understand that maybe removing the SD card is fine for you, but I'm already used to the connectivity of the Blackvue and I would miss it a lot. It's a pity that I can't get it to work because the RTSP is not enabled, as Viofo claimed in the first place.

Back