Wifi station mode?

rodenas

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this dashcam, but I need to be sure about a few things before buying it:

- I see in the app that a wifi station mode can be configured. Is this working correctly in the MT1? It joins correctly the local network and the streaming ports are accessible?

- Is there a MJPEG/MP4 streaming available? Looking at other posts, it looks like there's no RTSP, but there is HTTP streaming. Is this a "normal" streaming (I mean, using a common video container, and viewable in VLC)?

- Can be configured a cut off voltage? (via the app or via switches)

Thanks a lot!

For those interested, Viofo just answered me that the MT1 doesn't support wifi station mode. I guess because of the "small battery" argument that they like to throw (not in my case, since I got a backup battery). I'll have to cancel my order... :(

Another update... I finally bought the camera and it actually has a wifi station mode. It works, no problem. Though it seems the RSTP stream is not enabled.

Another update... I finally bought the camera and it actually has a wifi station mode. It works, no problem. Though it seems the RSTP stream is not enabled.
Hi Rodenas,
I also configured the wifi station mode in my MT1, but the device is not connecting to my wifi network at home. Under normal conditions, the MT1 acts as an access point for connection with mobile phone. How do I switch over to wifi statoin mode to turn the MT1 into a client for my wifi network?

Back