Will not record. Yellow light stays on :(

yeah I have no doubt they'll get used for all sorts of things that the developers don't always consider, such is the nature of the enthusiast user

That's exactly why the Mobius has been so much fun. Hopefully the mini will carry on that tradition in it's own way.

at the moment it seems the mini is a successor to the keychain cameras with far better spec, I don't really get some of the things people must use those for but I guess these will deliver a far better result than the keychain models ever did, I'd think M1 (now) and M2 (near future) are still going to be the preferred options for car use

at the moment it seems the mini is a successor to the keychain cameras with far better spec, I don't really get some of the things people must use those for but I guess these will deliver a far better result than the keychain models ever did, I'd think M1 (now) and M2 (near future) are still going to be the preferred options for car use

I agree, but I still think there are potentially a lot of creative things one might do with a tiny camera with decent specs compared with those keychain cams.

I agree, but I still think there are potentially a lot of creative things one might do with a tiny camera with decent specs compared with those keychain cams.

yeah once these are out I can't really see the appeal of the old keychain model

yeah once these are out I can't really see the appeal of the old keychain model
The appeal will be the tiny lens of the keychains. These can be hidden much better than the Mobius Mini, i.e. spy cam use. It's too bad the Mate 808 can't do real 1080p or that the Mini doesn't have such a tiny lens as an option.
Obviously though, the smaller lens wouldn't offer the same video quality and low-light video wouldn't be as good either. There are just too many uses for these cameras.
The Mini is an interesting camera, but, like most other cameras of it's type it has a manufacturer designed SDK which means doing anything special is either very difficult or just not possible. The Mobius 2 doesn't have these types of restrictions, but programming almost any feature is very time consuming.
I'm sure the developer will try to squeeze out the most he can from the Mini, just like he did with the Mobius(1). On thing is for certain, all the Mobius cameras have a Windows and Android GUI that work as they should. I don't know how far Tomas is with his Android GUI for the Mini though.
The Mini also has a good OSD configuration menu, but you need a (small) composite monitor (<$15) for this.
With the exception of the #16, most keychain cameras either have a very poor set of parameters or no parameters at all.

Back