Windshield mount for GoSafe 200 quick review

• Thread starter Deleted member 12474
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12474

I recently saw that the windshield mount is now available on Amazon. Since my rear view mirror vibrates with the GS200 attached to it, video quality suffers a bit and it picks up a lot of noise from the vibration. So I was thrilled to see the windshield mount was finally available.

That thrill quickly dissipated. Did anybody test this design? The ball joint has a screw/nut to hold it in place, it actually goes through the center of the ball which prevents you from being able to turn the camera to aim out a side or rear window. But that really doesn't matter because once you attach your camera to the mount you cannot plug in the power cord. I tried mounting both ways the ball joint allowed and no-go on the power cord. I was also unable to leave the cord plugged in and then attaching the camera to the mount.

So back to Amazon this goes.

Attachments

• 20150709_162256.jpg
    20150709_162256.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 20
I recently saw that the windshield mount is now available on Amazon. Since my rear view mirror vibrates with the GS200 attached to it, video quality suffers a bit and it picks up a lot of noise from the vibration. So I was thrilled to see the windshield mount was finally available.

That thrill quickly dissipated. Did anybody test this design? The ball joint has a screw/nut to hold it in place, it actually goes through the center of the ball which prevents you from being able to turn the camera to aim out a side or rear window. But that really doesn't matter because once you attach your camera to the mount you cannot plug in the power cord. I tried mounting both ways the ball joint allowed and no-go on the power cord. I was also unable to leave the cord plugged in and then attaching the camera to the mount.

So back to Amazon this goes.

Hi @crsofr So sorry that you have experienced this issue. I apologize that I couldn't help you a little bit earlier.
I attach a images that shows how to correctly install it. If you need any further help, feel free to let me know.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/papagoinc/19247148913/in/album-72157656070934446/

@Janet Liao
Are you a retailer/manufacturer?
If you are, DCT admin (@DashCamMan) can change your member display to that instead of a 'New Member'.

Last edited:
I have one of these as well. It does not allow as much freedom as I would like. Along with not being bundled with the camera like I think it should have I agree that it does not give a great range of motion.

I also think that the USB port is in a bad spot. It makes it hard to not use an angled cable with the camera with either mount.
The camera itself other then USB placement is not bad, and the mirror mound was an okay idea, but I believe it was done poorly.

I actually had to re-buy the windshield mount as one of the brackets on the mirror mount no longer retracts back into place. Along with the windshield mount I also bought a right angle mini-usb adapter so that I could plug in the power cord. Now I just need to get some very small padding to add to the sliding screen to reduce the buzzing/vibration noise it makes when in the closed position (you can really hear it in my "July 3rd encounters" in the youtube channel below).

Update: back to Amazon goes the suction mount, again. Had it a week and it will no longer stick to the windshield. Both the windshield and suction have been cleaned, repeatedly. I also ordered a different brand of dash cam today since the mirror mount is also broken. Of course, I'm beyond the 30 day return window from B&H since I bought this in March. Hopefully somebody on ebay is looking for a camera only and no way to mount it. :/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sunny PAPAGO 21
Back