Wire Clip with 3M Adhesive - where to buy?

doema543

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's great that the Viofo A119 came with 5 of these clips for helping to route the usb cable. I've just about used up all of them and could use some more. Anyone know where I can buy more?

My preference is to use some thin pieces of VHT tape. It's less obtrusive.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B009NP1JQC
as it turns out, the clips are great for glass or flat surfaces but suck with it came to dashboard area (under steering wheel, near power adapter). I ended up using gorilla tape to tape the wire to parts of the dashboard will see how it goes. it's not pretty but i can't think of a better way at the moment. i can now see why people opt for the direct connection to the battery to hide the mess.

For anything to stick to the dash it needs to be first cleaned with alcohol.
If' you've used Armourall.... give up... lol

For anything to stick to the dash it needs to be first cleaned with alcohol.
If' you've used Armourall.... give up... lol
good point as i forgot to clean the surface thoroughly. i haven't used armor all but it really doesn't seem the 3M adhesive will stick as one keeps falling off.

Last thing... if your clips are using white foam adhesive, you might want to try adding a layer of black VHT.
That might be enough to make it stick.

Ok the gorilla tape failed to stick. How is everyone mounting the last part of the usb cable? Attached pictures is how I have it setup at the moment. Will those 3M mounting tape stick? Reviews seem to be mixed on Amazon for auto dashboard use.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 20
Since I have the same car as this guy, I just followed his guide:

Skip to 3:30

I used the clips that came with the cam (have to get more). Once I cleaned the area thoroughly, there's no problem making the tape stick. I bundled up any extra slack and hid them under and behind the glove box.

Why wouldn't you use cable ties?

Back