WM1 Video and screenshots.

Karagandinez

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue
Here everyone can upload videos and screenshots comparing WM1 with other DVRs.
There is no sunny weather, the video will be later. First, a few screenshots comparing WM1, A119 Mini and A229.
Settings on all models:
Resolution: 2560x1440
EV= -0,3
Bitrate=max.
CPL filter: A119 Mini=yes, WM1=yes, A229=no.
Unfortunately my WM1 came without a CPL filter, so I have no way to compare WM1 and A229 under the same conditions.

1_Mini_1.jpg2_WM1_1.jpg3_A229_1.jpg

1_Mini_5.jpg2_WM1_5.jpg3_A229_5.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to note that in my DVR settings, the display of speed without coordinates is enabled in the menu.
But as we can see in the video, the speed stamp is not displayed. If you turn on the display of speed and coordinates in the menu,
then everything will be displayed. This happens on both firmwares.
Might be a problem with my copy...
I have contacted the Viofo representative but have not received a response yet.

I would like to note that in my DVR settings, the display of speed without coordinates is enabled in the menu.
But as we can see in the video, the speed stamp is not displayed. If you turn on the display of speed and coordinates in the menu,
I just checked mine and it functions properly.
1 .png
2 .png
3 .png
4 .png

After the WM1 acquired a GPS signal lock, the video status line only had the speed value when the "GPS Info Stamp" setting was set to "Speed". The "Live View" did not adhere to the "Speed" setting since it displayed the coordinates + speed. The "Live View" status line (coordinates + speed) is formatted differently from the video status line (speed + coordinates).

1682894604529.png

1682894635588.png

1682894657684.png

I installed another firmware, set it to display the speed stamp in the settings.
But the stamp is not displayed.

20230502103250_001976.MP4_snapshot_00.13_[2023.05.02_18.47.04].jpg

Before that, I set it to display speed and coordinates in the settings.
With these settings, the stamp on the video is displayed.

20230427101513_001871.MP4_snapshot_00.00_[2023.05.02_19.03.04].jpg

Last edited:
In my testing, the speed will not be displayed until a GPS signal lock is obtained. Just after power up with the "speed" only setting, no speed was displayed. After a GPS signal lock was obtained it did display the speed in the recorded video status line.

On my videos, the speed without coordinates is not displayed on the video,
only the speed and coordinates are together.
Tested on different firmware.

The next drive I go on, I'll have one of my WM1 dash cameras set to speed only and see what it does. The testing in my office with a speed only setting worked, but maybe there's some other factor/setting influencing the problem's behiavor.

I just reconfigured one of my WM1 dash cameras with test firmware v1.0_0421 installed to only have the speed displayed. That unit still had a GPS signal lock from my previous drive and it displayed the speed value. In the next day or two, I'll go on a drive to see what it looks like then, but so far it's working for me.

1683060349711.png

I'm wondering if this is a VIOFO app issue or a firmware issue. I'm using Android version 3.2.11 of the VIOFO app and it looks like @Panzer Platform was using iOS version 3.5.

On my videos, the speed without coordinates is not displayed on the video,
only the speed and coordinates are together.
Tested on different firmware.
I now have two production WM1 dash cameras in my test vehicle. I updated the new WM1 to firmware v1.0_20230421. I set it to only display the speed in the status line. It did not display the speed value during the entire first "normal mode" driving session. At the start of the trip, I powered up the WM1 and it did not have a GPS signal lock at that time. It took about 3 minutes from the power up time to when it acquired a GPS signal lock (speed and direction were present using Dashcam Viewer). The normal mode driving session lasted around 20 minutes when I parked my vehicle. The speed value was never displayed in any of the videos up to that point. I have the 90 second delay enabled to enter parking mode.

1683330674438.png

As soon as the WM1 entered parking mode (a few seconds after the previous screenshot), the speed value was displayed albeit a "000 MPH".

1683330312186.png

After my parking mode session ended, I started the engine and the WM1 returned to normal mode. The speed value was still present.

1683330810298.png

The speed value was displayed for the remainder of the video files created during this trip. This behavior looks like a bug to me.

We have not got your message till now, could you please open a ticket here to get help?

I wrote to support. ;)
I received a reply from my VIOFO contact and he stated the "Speed" only "GPS Info Stamp" problem has been reproduced and it will be fixed in the next WM1 firmware release.

I received a reply from my VIOFO contact and he stated the "Speed" only "GPS Info Stamp" problem has been reproduced and it will be fixed in the next WM1 firmware release.
I haven't received an answer yet.

Back