WM1 Video and screenshots.

I would like to note that in my DVR settings, the display of speed without coordinates is enabled in the menu.
But as we can see in the video, the speed stamp is not displayed. If you turn on the display of speed and coordinates in the menu,
then everything will be displayed. This happens on both firmwares.
Might be a problem with my copy...
I have contacted the Viofo representative but have not received a response yet.
There is a firmware to solve this problem: https://we.tl/t-7vnyWoTWMj
Please download the file from the link and try to update it.

Last edited:
Thank you.
They sent me a new firmware today.
On this firmware, there is a speed stamp on the video.
I tested the v1.0_0510 firmware for the WM1. The WM1 configured to display only the speed value in the "GPS Info Stamp" worked correctly (always displayed the speed value). The WM1 configured to display the "Speed + Coordinates" also worked correctly.

I use a A119 V3 for a rear camera and find I prefer it to a two channel option. In the case of the V3 I like the narrower angle of view of the coverage for the rear on my pick-up truck.

I really like the voice alerts from WM1. No need to pay too much attention to him, whether he turned on or not.
He tells me when he starts recording and when he goes into parking mode. ;)

I really like the voice alerts from WM1. No need to pay too much attention to him, whether he turned on or not.
He tells me when he starts recording and when he goes into parking mode. ;)

That does sound appealing. On the other hand the V3 has been so reliable compared to other cameras I've owned that I don't have to think much about it either, except that other than the start-up chime I just have to assume it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. I'm thinking of trying out a WM1 as a side camera.

On firmware: V1.0_0324, V1.0_0421 and V1.0_0510 such a problem was noticed. Since I did not receive NK4, WM1 is connected to the car's cigarette lighter. Parking Mode: "Low Bitrate Recording". When driving during the day, everything is fine, but at night WM1 very often notifies: "Transition to parking mode" and immediately reports: "Recording has started." 3-4 seconds of video is lost between files. Why is this happening? After all, the transition to the parking mode is carried out by the GPS signal, and not by movement. The stamp of speed and coordinates on the video does not disappear at this time. For a trip at night lasting 1 hour without stopping, there are from 6 to 9 such transitions.
Can anyone ride at night with such a connection and with such settings?
Below are the links to the video files:
Short=transition to parking mode.
Long=start of normal recording.
Short
Long

I decided to install WM1 on the rear window of the car.
There, it can completely replace the rear camera for a single-channel model mounted on the windshield.
Here are a couple of videos.
Thanks for the video files which I downloaded and viewed at 1440p on a 4K televison. Once again with the WM1 I notice flicker and judder in the playback, and the camera often struggling with exposure. In my experience these issues seem to be constant features of this camera, including with my own front facing WM1. I do like this camera though, especially its unobtrusive form factor, and I think it is well suited to rear or side view operation. The overall picture quality is pleasant enough (though never better than 2K average) and I was able to read license plates on your files when pausing playback.

Back