WonVon MT1

ChiefGunner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WonVon MT1
Hi there from North Carolina! Well, I was excited to get my cam system installed on my motorcycle but am troubled by an issue.
I’ve done everything I’m supposed to do to connect wi-fi with my iPhone (7+) including the “login” but it doesn’t connect.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Corporate seems to be no help as they have TWICE now given me the same “canned” information which has been no help.
I was looking forward to be able to live stream some of my rides.

Welcome to the forum Gunner.

This brand are a total unknown to me, so sadly i cant help you with any hands on experience.
The canned RPLY from the brand is a clear and present danger when you dive in with lesser known brands, and if not that then something in English that there will be no doubt have been passed thru google translate or similar.
You say ability to live stream, that i have never seen in any dashcam, but again i have never owned any of the smart ones, but as far as i can tell the cloud storage and notifications is about it for those.
But it might be possible, at least some action cameras you can live stream from, and the hardware inside are often the same in dashcams, at least from the same brand SOC makers.
but normally if wifi is present it is just to be able to connect to the parent app on a phone to do settings and maybe save a file to the phone,,,, the wifi in these cameras are normally horrible slow.

You might want to try and put the phone in airplane mode, it could also be something with permissions, but here i am also on thin ice as a avid phone hater, and absolutely no experience with the Apple phones.

Niot many 2 wheeler guys in here, but there are some smart dudes around.

Last edited:
Thank you. I’m not positive it could “live stream”. It’s just a hunch. I say that because it f I can get the video feed showing in my phone, then I can choose that feed as my source for the stream.
Even if it doesn’t do that, I should still be able to connect to the unit for changing functions right?
BTW, this is a “BlueSkSea” item.

Yeah changing settings ASO is the norm for wifi cameras.

I have a dashcam for testing, and for the first many weeks wifi on it was efortless, but then suddenly i am not able to connect to it, and i have tried every trick in the book but now i just can not do it, and i have tried with 2 newer android phones and a older android tablet,,,,,,, which all work fine on other cameras.
Not me or the maker have any clue why it is like that with me now, and i am also the only one suffering from this problem, no other tester or user have experienced the same.
Fortunately the camer5a also have a screen and buttons, unlike my latest 2 test cameras that have no screen, and i do have intermittent wifi issues with the newest one of the two.
I am going to try another devise to connect with later in the day.

If you got the camera from blueskysea i can tag in @estore009 he might be able to assist further.

Yeah changing settings ASO is the norm for wifi cameras.

I have a dashcam for testing, and for the first many weeks wifi on it was efortless, but then suddenly i am not able to connect to it, and i have tried every trick in the book but now i just can not do it, and i have tried with 2 newer android phones and a older android tablet,,,,,,, which all work fine on other cameras.
Not me or the maker have any clue why it is like that with me now, and i am also the only one suffering from this problem, no other tester or user have experienced the same.
Fortunately the camer5a also have a screen and buttons, unlike my latest 2 test cameras that have no screen, and i do have intermittent wifi issues with the newest one of the two.
I am going to try another devise to connect with later in the day.
My unit does have a screen too, but as you can see it’s mounted in my trunk because it’s not waterproof. The cameras are but not the unit.
On a side note: I got a small unit which allows me to plug the micro as card into it and view the files on my computer. It has excellent video quality and almost no vibration despite being on a motorcycle.
My program in the computer allows video editing so I can do anything to it including splicing and sound dubbing and special effects.

Attachments

• 67FBBA38-AABF-4A80-8CC1-6CF055E79A4D.jpeg
    67FBBA38-AABF-4A80-8CC1-6CF055E79A4D.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 6
Mounding any camera on a motorcycle have a high chance of having shaky footage / jello, not least if the cameras are mounted on none rigid parts like fairings ASO these often flutter in the wind.
But mounted to something rigid, then even a beefy V twin cruiser can be handled.
The people riding the crotch rockets, probably have a harder time in spite of more harmonic running engines, but then the bike is wrapped in fairings.

It is quite basic use i do, but i have been using pinnacle studio and power director for years.

I am about to share a 50/50 split video, where i compare the A139 and T130 cameras from Viofo ( the latest 2 dashcams i have gotten to beat on )

Just an FYI, here are the stats and functional characteristics of my unit.
Hope that helps:

Description​

• About this item.
  • 【Front and Rear Recording】MT1 motorcycle driving recorder incorporates NT96663 chip and two 200W front and rear lenses. Both front and rear cameras record at 1080p 30 fps to capture important moments.
  • 【Super Night Version】The camera utilizes a SONY IMX 323 CMOS sensor which can record more clearly during the day or night. You can record audio while recording with the built-in microphone. The 2.7 inch LCD monitor has 3 modes: front camera / rear camera / front and rear simultaneously.
  • 【Continuous & Loop Recording】Dash Cam is linked to the engine ON / OFF, and power is supplied directly from the battery of the motorcycle, so dash camera can record without charging. When the SD card is full, no need to change the SD card, just overwrite the old files automatically from loop recording. Supports up to 256GB micro SD cards.
  • 【G-Sensor & Manual Lock】G-sensor technology automatically save footage when shake/collision, preventing the authentic video from being overwritten. Press the remote control button to manually lock the commemorative video.
  • 【GPS module & Wi-Fi】You can decide whether or not to install the GPS module according to your needs. And if you want to share beautiful scenery while traveling, you can share it to various social platforms in real time through Wifi function.
  • Imported from UK.
Product Specification:
Model number: MT1
DSP: NTK 96663
Sensor: Front & rear camera IMX323
LCD: 2.7 inch LCD monitor
Lens: Waterproof 6G glass
Camera: Waterproof
Body: non-waterproof (with waterproof rubber cover)
Resolution: Front-1080P, Rear-1080P
Video compression format: H.264 MOV
Video output format: NTSC / PAL
Light source frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz
Speed unit: KM / H MPH
Power: capacitor version
WIFI: Support
GPS: supported by GPS module
RF control: support (wired remote control)
Loop recording: 1 minute / 3 minutes / 5 minutes
Emergency recording: G sensor
Voice recording: support
Display mode: Front camera / Rear camera / Front and rear
simultaneous
Motion detection: on / off
Collision sensitivity: off / low / medium / high
System language: 10 languages including English / Traditional
Chinese / Japanese /

Most cam wifi's aren't intended for continuous use as they add to the heat, which can become an issue quickly. WonVon is an offshoot of BlueSkySea- I'm not sure how that business split works or who does tech support for WonVon. Haven't heard much from WonVon owners in quite some time. @estore009 can assist- might be a holiday in China, I don't know but when they do have a holiday everything stops cold until it's over. They'll be here to answer your questions soon ;)

Phil

Thanks @SawMaster I appreciate the input.
The WonVon box and manual references BlueSkySea, so I know they’re in the loop somewhere.

Most cam wifi's aren't intended for continuous use as they add to the heat, which can become an issue quickly. WonVon is an offshoot of BlueSkySea- I'm not sure how that business split works or who does tech support for WonVon. Haven't heard much from WonVon owners in quite some time. @estore009 can assist- might be a holiday in China, I don't know but when they do have a holiday everything stops cold until it's over. They'll be here to answer your questions soon ;)

Phil
BTW Phil, my unit says it does live stream if you read a above.
“【GPS module & Wi-Fi】You can decide whether or not to install the GPS module according to your needs. And if you want to share beautiful scenery while traveling, you can share it to various social platforms in real time through Wifi function.”
That was one of the functions that drew me to this unit.

I assume you guys have better 4-5G coverage than us Danes, who have 4 or 5 Nationwide 4G providers, and will have the same for 5G in a few years time.
And this country is pretty small and flat, and still i loose 4G on my drives,,,,,, not for long of course but i do loose it, there are also still cellular black holes here, where people living there got to have a land line ( probably on the fiber connection that will be there )

VIA my phone provider i have access (roaming ) to another 4G network, so have 2 i can lean on.

I think they made a law a few years ago saying every Dane must have access to 300 mbit internet at least.
I had fiber put into my house over a decade ago, though shortly before we had to sell it ( shared with my mother that got a brain aneurysm )
It was a okay deal as i was not int the country much of the year back then as work took me far away from here, and then when i was home i got the fill service pack as i am after all a good son.

fiber internet are pretty wide spread here outside of the bigger towns which all have docis 3.1 cable, one provider on fiber sadly not in my part of the country offer 5gbit for about the same i pay for 1 gbit on cable at the moment.
But that provider is operating in and around the cess pool that is the Danish capitol, and i am not going there.

I’ve done everything I’m supposed to do to connect wi-fi with my iPhone (7+) including the “login” but it doesn’t connect.
May I know what is the app name and the default password?

Try this APP: MT1 CAM
Password: 12345678
Thank you so VERY MUCH!!
It connected and now I can LIVE STREAM ride videos!
You have no idea how happy I am right now.
And to @kamkar & @SawMaster , thank you for tagging him in and pointing me in the right direction.
And for your info, YES my unit DOES live stream videos through my phone!

No sweat buddy, we are here to generate smiles,,,,, and sad faces on idiot drivers getting busted by dash / handlebar cameras :)

Hope we will see some scenic footage from you some day,,,,, no piling up into tractor trailers.

Last edited:
No sweat buddy, we are here to generate smiles,,,,, and sad faces on idiot drivers getting busted by dash / handlebar cameras :)

Hope we will see some scenic footage from you some day,,,,, no piling up into tractor trailers.
Here’s where I have mine mounted. Up in the left front corner by the chrome intake and the other is obvious in the rear.

Attachments

• B2B0BE91-3EE6-443E-BFAF-9BEAFD38E2CC.jpeg
    B2B0BE91-3EE6-443E-BFAF-9BEAFD38E2CC.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 3
  • C1D6C30C-A4E0-455A-8077-32DE7D773C09.jpeg
    C1D6C30C-A4E0-455A-8077-32DE7D773C09.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 3
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Dash Cam Discussion 0
R Dash Cam Discussion 16
Back