WonVon W4K

We ended up with the Azdome M550 version of this camera for around $150au without the wiring kit.
Drekitech review Azdome M550
I've fit it to a Mazda 2.
The Mazda 2 has a fairly large shaded section where the rearview mirror sits.
With right hand drive in Australia, camera position on the M550 being on the left hand side and trying to get camera within wiper field has pushed the camera over to the right.
Curvature of the the windscreen at this point biases the angle of the view to the right. I am thinking of getting a box of assorted builders wedges and some 3m tape and double mounting to centralise field of view.
There was only just enough vertical adjustment. Fully lowered it just shows the front of the the bonnet in the bottom field of view.
Mazda 2 isn't a big car, which you sit fairly close to the windscreen. The cabin camera field of view at its lowest adjustment is still fairly high. It doesn't pick up lap area in case of mobile phone fine.
With the rear camera there was fortunately a second plug/socket arrangement in the lead near the camera which helped, when unplugged, with running the rear cable. Used 2 small screws and nuts and washers to mount to plastic trim on rear hatch.
As for picture quality, I'm no expert but seems reasonable for the price paid.

I have another on order to use in my twin cab ute. The rear waterproof camera is an advantage in this case. Might also look and see if I can get an extension lead for the cabin camera and mount it away from the main camera.

Tried using the camera with a 5000mah phone back up battery. It didn't seem to be able to deliver enough power to start it up so am using the supplied lead until the Azdome hardwire kit is plumbed in.

Back