Wrong serial/cloud code/wifi

honourhim

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey all,

So I'm on here to see if anyone has had this problem. The BlackVue I bought has the wrong SSID and PW, wrong serial and wrong cloud code printed on the inside of the box and on the camera itself.

How do I know this? The SSID when turned on is different to the printed one, and the pw doesn't work. Then, I could get cloud to work, then suddenly it was connected, but to another person's cam in Sydney!

I've submitted a ticket to BlackVue with no replies yet after 4 days.

Is this a known issue?

It's not. Brand new, sealed and had all the usual protective plastics.

In this case it could be that they somehow duplicated the labels so you got the Sydney guy's labels as well. Just ask for a replacement or the correct labels :) They should be able to find them by the dashcam's serial number.

It's not. Brand new, sealed and had all the usual protective plastics.
BUMP, I’ve got the exact same issue as you. My SSID and serial numbers etc don’t match up. Just wondering how did you go about fixing your issue?? I’m not sure what to do

no but talk to Autobarn if there's an issue, they should be able to swap it out for you, let them deal with the distributor

no but talk to Autobarn if there's an issue, they should be able to swap it out for you, let them deal with the distributor
Yeah I’ve contacted them about the issue, they don’t have stock till next week so I was just trying to see if I could fix it myself first instead of having to wait. Hoping the OP sees this and was able to fix it themself otherwise I’m going back tomorrow

where did you purchase it from?
I believe it was the default SSID you need. Send that to the support email and ask to give you correct serial and wifi password. But it’s the serial you need for the cloud service. It took them 4 days and a couple replies from to the email thread but eventually got through

I believe it was the default SSID you need. Send that to the support email and ask to give you correct serial and wifi password. But it’s the serial you need for the cloud service. It took them 4 days and a couple replies from to the email thread but eventually got through
Thanks so much for that, I’m pretty impatient so I’ll probably just head back in store and ask for an exhange. If not i’ll contact them. Such a hassle for such an expensive product would think it’d be fine from the start

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 13