X2 boot, crash with buzzer sound

NZDashcam

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Dash Cam
Panorama X2, MiVue388
What's causing this and how should I fix it please?

X2 boot, crash with buzzer sound. Then silent boot loop

what happens if you power on unit without memory cards inserted ?

I'd not checked the cards, I thought it best to seek advice before doing anything in case I made it worse.
The boot completes and I get prompted to insert the front card when both cards are removed. Putting the cards back one at a time, the rear one seems to be the issue.

Boot loop on any Panorama usually means your memory card(s) have gone bad. This just happened on a X1 the other day. Card ended up going bad.

Check your cards via h2testw.exe
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj6sz2qdpfyygzd/h2testw.exe?dl=1

Thank you.
Is there a test I can use on a Mac? And are they covered on warranty?

Please remind me if you bought your X2 from Niko or Pier28. Did you buy the cards with the X2 or from separate seller? if they are defective yes they are under warranty either way. I'm not aware of a Mac testing program at this time for memory cards.

Please remind me if you bought your X2 from Niko or Pier28. Did you buy the cards with the X2 or from separate seller? if they are defective yes they are under warranty either way. I'm not aware of a Mac testing program at this time for memory cards.

I purchased them as a packaged bundle from you around the end of Jan I think

Are you using 32GB or 64GB Transcend memory cards? After you confirm they went bad I'll start the RMA warranty process.

Also, Are you on firmware 1.02.05 yet?

Are you using 32GB or 64GB Transcend memory cards? After you confirm they went bad I'll start the RMA warranty process.

Also, Are you on firmware 1.02.05 yet?
I'm using the 64Gb cards. Running the utility @reverend suggested has located a corrupt volume, (ironically on the front card). The rear card seems fine. so its repaired that and is now readable in the computer again. Fingers crossed it should be ok back in the unit. Both cards are 62Gb used and 1.25 Gb available. I think I may as well move to 1.2.5 while I've got the cards out if you can flick me the files please.

Back