X200 / Omni received

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I got this and a couple of other older 70mai cameras to beat on, so i have put the 800 S ( 4K ) and the Omni in the car today.
I like what the Omnivision sensor do in this camera, seem to handle light and shadow well

I whipped up a little drive video, it is mostly speed up 10 X but there are a few minutes of normal speed 4.5 minutes into the video, as i desend into the town of Mariager ( a town older then the country of USA ) Est approx the year1400, it is also know as the city of roses.

And then there is a little regular speed at the very end.
Due to this camera being with build in memory, well i had to DL 72 files to my phone, and this took a while ( thats me saying it diplomatic ) for sure not something ( bulk download ) you will want to do with a camera like this,

FYI; me mixing this up or youtube ( H.265 / 11 mbit ) , well lets just say this footage do not do things justice.

Last edited:
I did a little drive around town at night, recording on 3 cameras.
70mai Omni / X200
70mai A800S
Vantrue E2

The recordings are worked in post to be 4K so for the 1080p Omni and the 1440p E2 camera some upscaling.
Anyway all 3 cameras worked fine, and about equal in low light performance, i am passing some parked cars pretty slow but the plates, well i have not looked super close, but i think a eagle eye are a must.

The 70mai Omni are a funny fellow, never tried build in memory before, and of course its panning ability, also ran into some problems with the APP, so it seem when the Omni camera are paired and working with the app, i cant disconnect from it and then connect to the A800S, i first have to unpair the Omni.
Also not much choice in the Omni, the smallest menu i have sever seen on a dashcam, and you need both BT and WIFI on to get the APP up and running, both things on my phone i dont use very much, the BT was a curve ball for me, but i am familiar with it as my dji Osmo action also need both to be on to work with the APP.

PS. The pic below, its not like the A800S are mounted very crooked, it is the sag in the front of my headliner after a decade long dashcam addiction.
BTW i do like the 2 staggered angled plugs on the A800S, the rear camera it is a unconventional plug in the main unit, and in the other end too for that matter, but both work very fine.

IMG_20230520_201659.jpg

As i am unable to stop my brain playing with words, it have already named the Omni the dashcam chill pill :)

Just getting started here.
Very interesting getting to try 70mai products.

By the way, i did the easiest firmware ever on a dashcam with the omni, i even did it while i was driving, it was that easy.
Best of all after that, i dont seem to need to do the settings again as i have been so used to doing with other cameras.
Now it was not super fast as 4G was not super good where i was driving, but it was no problem at all.

I really like that, especially not having to do setting after each update.
I am a little perplexed that in spite of the cameras having GPS, there are no menu option to set time zone, but synced to phone time, now i am just wondering if the camera will be able to handle the change off summer time later in the year when that happen.

I am learning here,,,,, quiet nice to be smarter than yesterday.

Just noticed, that when connected to the omni ( wifi & BT ) well going to another window wanting to read some news, the browser sould not get to any site.
So seemingly the omni also use the mobile data, or at least make it so it can not be used at the same time as t he camera, if the camera use mobile data, well i will see that CUZ you have to go to some far away corner of the world to find people that use less mobile data than i do.

Not a super big deal though, well for me at least.

Plans for 2 days of fun, and hard work,,,,, well hard for a old guy.
Anyway it was all shot to hell, but i did manage to install a hard wire kit and hooked it up to the Omni, looking forward to see what it might capture in the coming days when i am parked.

Some guy checking out my parked car. ;)

I am a bit amazed the Omni have not recorded more parking guard footage, there are after all some movement in the back yard where i park my car.
There are also a few "events" where i think WTH have it reacted to this time, CUZ there is seemingly not much that could have triggered it, but it is very few of those kind or recordings.
So in a week the Omni have r3ecorded 45 "events" taking up 2.2 GB.
I am looking forward to see if / when it start to recycle parking guard recordings, or if it just keep adding on top.

I am a bit amazed the Omni have not recorded more parking guard footage, there are after all some movement in the back yard where i park my car.
There are also a few "events" where i think WTH have it reacted to this time, CUZ there is seemingly not much that could have triggered it, but it is very few of those kind or recordings.
So in a week the Omni have r3ecorded 45 "events" taking up 2.2 GB.
I am looking forward to see if / when it start to recycle parking guard recordings, or if it just keep adding on top.
Omni reacts not just to movement in the frame, but to the human body, which lingered in the frame for more than 15 seconds, like this guy from the video. If people are just passing by in the frame, he won't record it. Timelapse is useful in this case, it will record absolutely everything.

Yeah.
I have parked right at a exit from a store, and none of the many people going in or out of the store was filmed, except for one which stopped to talk on the phone.

It is me in the video.

Parking guard recording from my favorite gas station, a guy in front of me filling his car triggered the recording to be made.
This event recording was just 89 MB in size, then then the omni turned off as nothing else happened.

Omni still going strong, and LOW.

The funny little Omni model are still going strong in my car, i will relocate it to low middle of windscreen at some point as it have a parking guard system that sure as hell do not record many false events, so dont mind this one camera doing that.

Still it do use power none the less, 2 days of not driving and the Omni are not active when i get back to the car.
I also think for testing parking guard on other systems, i will disable the Omni while that go on CUZ i have tried to run the Vantrue N5 too in parking guard, and then my battery was just bled dry or to cut off value by the 2 systems / 5 cameras.
Though in that case the main load would probably have been the N5

The funny little Omni model are still going strong in my car, i will relocate it to low middle of windscreen at some point as it have a parking guard system that sure as hell do not record many false events, so dont mind this one camera doing that.

Still it do use power none the less, 2 days of not driving and the Omni are not active when i get back to the car.
I also think for testing parking guard on other systems, i will disable the Omni while that go on CUZ i have tried to run the Vantrue N5 too in parking guard, and then my battery was just bled dry or to cut off value by the 2 systems / 5 cameras.
Though in that case the main load would probably have been the N5
Its one thing having the dash cams beep and jingle making their startup sounds, but then I wanted to slash my wrists hearing the music you had on in your car LOL

Back