Xiaomi Mi 4K camera

price tag of just $17
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
hello! WTF, how they can use good quality processors and sensors in that price?

edit: i just now saw the update:
"Update: It appears the source has updated the information regarding price, showing the Xiaomi Mi Camera will most likely cost $163 / €130."
it's cheap even in that price.

Update: It appears the source has updated the information regarding price, showing the Xiaomi Mi Camera will most likely cost $163 / €130.

bob, apparently you didn't read my message above.

No one is going to directly compete with the GoPro Hero 4 at $500. At that price people will just buy the proven original and take the warranty. These cameras need to be cheaply priced to compete, yet still produce sharp video. The GoPro is priced too high for most users, in my opinion as so many things with a popular brand name.

4K at maybe 15fps? Or 30Hz? What is the reason to have such resolution?
I think, for a camera, the most important thing is the CMOS, lens or even the encoder settings.

It claims 4K at 30fps, as you said it would be better to have real specs. Supposedly Xiaomi has produced some really good spec'd phones so hopefully it will be decent

Supposedly Xiaomi has produced some really good spec'd phones

they have, while good on paper the phones are good but not great, they sell a lot in the domestic market but are known to be a bit buggy and have poor after sales service, they could certainly deliver the product for that kind of money as they work on volume and small margins, what kind of result they could deliver though I'm not so sure

Sound interesting and with that prize and 1080p @ 120 FPS i will keep a eye out for that, but i allmost hope its poor as i cant really afford to buy anything these days.

@jokiin what's your take on the OnePlus One? I really like where their going with this phone. $350 is a steal for a high quality, 64gb unlocked phone running Cyanogenmod, which is one of the best Roms out there. It maybe better than stock Vanilla Android, giving you zero bloatware and more options such as built in profiles, themes, and power options that allow you to set the govenor without changing the kernel . They've take their time to get it right and the invite system, to me, keeps quality higher than cutting corners and just mass producing them.

I would gladly trade my Galaxy S5 for a OnePlus One, if for nothing else to get off my ridiculous cell provider that has the S5 bootloader locked up and keeps trying force more and more bloatware. Thank God for rooting.

Last edited:
I am wondering why companies bother with adding ther own stuff on top of Android, what asus have done to my tablet is not nice as i have zero use for all the stuff they have preloaded on it.

Dont keep much track on cellphones but the 1+1 dont look bad.
Personally i can make do with a low end smartphone as all i do is phone - text - e-mail, dont do games and so on them, and i feel really bad installing a app on a phone as it seem all apps just leech on all info/data on my phone.

I've looked at the One Plus One also as I'm thinking about a new phone, it has some nice specs but I'm still hesitant on this one at this stage, its had a very restricted roll out so far and not sure how much is hype and how much is substance, any warranty issue might be a challenge also

I would say, if your an Android fan go for the OnePlus One, I have yet to read a bad report about the phone. There have been some small hiccups with the initial release of Cyanogenmod yet they were already fixed. Do some research and sign up for their forum, you will see people have been impressed so far. If you haven't used Cyanogenmod before, you will be impressed. I signed up for a two year contract with this Galaxy S5 for and just got the invite for the OnePlus yesterday. They only give you 24hrs to buy so I had to pass. If I would have known I would have passed it on to you. They say the invite system will be eliminated soon as they ramp up production.

The other one to look at, as you probably know, is the Oppo. I was more impressed with the OnePlus though

Last edited:
I am wondering why companies bother with adding ther own stuff on top of Android, what asus have done to my tablet is not nice as i have zero use for all the stuff they have preloaded on it.

Dont keep much track on cellphones but the 1+1 dont look bad.
Personally i can make do with a low end smartphone as all i do is phone - text - e-mail, dont do games and so on them, and i feel really bad installing a app on a phone as it seem all apps just leech on all info/data on my phone.
I suggest installing Cyanogenmod then. It's the closest to Vanilla Android with no skins or bloatware. They even have an installer for some models which makes switching easy. My wife had a 4 year old Galaxy S2 that was locked at Android 4.1. With Cyanogenmod she could upgrade to the latest KitKat 4.4.2.

I've seen some complaints (outside of their forum, signed up there months ago) screen inconsistent, mic problems, camera quality not great

I have a couple of Android handsets already, a few are Motorola which is a much cleaner experience than some of the other bloatware versions that are in the market, Samsung etc

the lack of expandable memory and mediocre camera were the things that were putting me off the most

Thanks Jokiin, hopefully they will get things more consistent as production ramps up. It's good to see the small guys giving the big guys a run and opening more doors to break contracts

Thanks Jokiin, hopefully they will get things more consistent as production ramps up. It's good to see the small guys giving the big guys a run and opening more doors to break contracts

I'm involved in manufacturing as you'd know and their very long lead time with limited releases of stock tells me delays are not due to production capacity issues, when they're mass producing with readily available stock then you'll know that whatever issues they've been dealing with have been overcome, it fits the bill in a lot of respects for what I'm looking for in a handset right now but still a few shortcomings, have been holding off to see what other options are coming up from other manufacturers before I decide, I have other phones to use right now so it's more of a want than a need

looked into rooting back with my Galaxy 2 samsung, but it seemed problematic or at least not just click and go back then.
Maybe it have changed :D so far i have just deleted all the shortcuts on my tablet and wiped some of the "pages"
just use it as a navunit, and a little bordom websurfing if a am bored and avay from my computer and have the tablet around, and those 2 tings at the same time dont happen often.

looked into rooting back with my Galaxy 2 samsung, but it seemed problematic or at least not just click and go back then.
Maybe it have changed :D so far i have just deleted all the shortcuts on my tablet and wiped some of the "pages"
just use it as a navunit, and a little bordom websurfing if a am bored and avay from my computer and have the tablet around, and those 2 tings at the same time dont happen often.
The Galaxy S2 International is supported by the Cyanogenmod Installer which roots it and installs Cyanogenmod so it's simple http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/CyanogenMod_Installer. When I rooted my wife's, it was as simple as installing a SuperSU zip and rebooting. Another option is TowelRoot which is as easy as installing an app and hitting a button. That's how I rooted my Galaxy S5

Back