Xiaomi Yi Exposure Stepping Issues

test it for function and what script does what you want, the second one switch off autoexposure, the first one i mean fix autoexposure, autowhitebalance so the stepping is not visible.
Report if it works for you.
Thanks for the replay Gente :D Sorry i dont know where to put this code. I would love to test this for you. If you can show me how ill share all my findings. Thanks again :D

This is just a guess but it coped both the scripts to my autoexec file in my Yi. Both scripts dont work to lock exposure or i did something wrong.

Im happy to report that the script (t ia2 -exp lock 1) works to lock the exposure of the camera!

Code:
t ia2 -exp lock 1
is useless function so far.
It will lock the exposure to a fixed value after I tested.
e.g. in 30fps it will lock as 1/30s, iso100; in 60fps lock as 1/60s, iso100.

I think this issue is because from 1/2000 shutter the cam can only step to 1/1000 or 1/4000,
while from 1/100 it can (maybe) go to 1/120, 1/150.. so smaller steps.

Hi Forum,

Recently I bought a Xiaomi Yi camera and I'm pleased with it, except the exposure stepping issue. I tried all of the solutions posted in this topic, but none of them worked for me.

However, I found a free and simple way to get rid of the exposure stepping / flickering issues. You can remove them in post-processing. There are a couple of vendors who will sell you expensive anti-flickering plugins for common video editing software, but there is also a free option. All you need is Virtual Dub (I use the 32-bit version) and the MSU deflicker plugin. A good tutorial can be found here. If you can't open .mp4 files in VD, try installing the ffmpeg plugin from sourceforge.

Of course it would be awesome to fix this issue directly when shooting the 60fps video, but at least there's a way to get rid of it somehow.

I hope this will help yome of you! :)

Back