Xiaomi Yi Frozen/Lock

keteflips

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all.

I recent buy an Xiaomi Yi, upgraded to the last firmware: 1.2.0
But when I record some videos, always with videos, my camera get frozen an locked.

I get out the battery and come back, and it comes to live.

Is a common mistake or I can have more problems with my camera?
Any solution?

I'm very happy to have found this forum: D

Please answer both:
Did you format your SD card using camera?
What SD card do you have?

Please answer both:
Did you format your SD card using camera?
What SD card do you have?

Hi.

I format the camera from Xiaomi app, i think its what you say.
Transcend 16Gb 10class

Last edited:
Could be problems with the SD Card. The only advice I can give out is by deleting the "MISC" folder on the root of the SD Card on your computer.

It happens to my cameras, too, no idea why, sometimes they just freeze, no way of getting them off and on if not by taking out the battery. (i have wifi on boot enabled among other things) it happend before AND after firmweare 1.2.0 update. SD cards are all the same samsung 32GB

Same problem with my Yi... Tried to format SD card with Formatter 4. My SD Card is
Kingston Micro SDHC 32GB Class 10

Happened to me today. Sandisk 32gb Class10. Had to pull the battery out in the middle of a ride.

On my Yi the freezes also frequently happen whilst trying to take still pictures. I'm using a Samsung 32 evo card. Sometimes I might be able to take as many as 7 pictures between freezes; sometimes none!

Mine never got frozen after a successful bootup.
I can record video for 100+ minutes or take still pictures without freezing.

Btw after formating my card with formatter 4 I had only one unsuccessful boot

Could be problems with the SD Card. The only advice I can give out is by deleting the "MISC" folder on the root of the SD Card on your computer.
Thanks, that was the problem with 1.2.0.
Hab MISC.bin deleted.
After any contact with Windows, it is again available and must be deleted again?
isidorhuwa

Thanks, that was the problem with 1.2.0.
Hab MISC.bin deleted.
After any contact with Windows, it is again available and must be deleted again?
isidorhuwa
Unfortunately after 1 day on and off freezing again.
There is no logical Erlärung more.
My Yi Z22L works only up to firmware 1.0.12 errors.
greeting
isidorhuwa

My Yi is Z22 now with 1.2.0. As @cmosfxx identifies, the freezes seem to occur on boot up, in my case when using a Samsung Evo card. Freezing has not occured with no card in the camera, and so far, freezing has not occurred with a SanDisk Class 4; the only alternative I have to hand. I do intend to try other brands and classes.

My Yi is Z22 now with 1.2.0. As @cmosfxx identifies, the freezes seem to occur on boot up, in my case when using a Samsung Evo card. Freezing has not occured with no card in the camera, and so far, freezing has not occurred with a SanDisk Class 4; the only alternative I have to hand. I do intend to try other brands and classes.
#Spix,
I can confirm that my Yi Z22L works with firmware 1.2.0 with 8GB Class 4.
Have filmed with 1080P 50fps with no problems.
But this can not be the solution.
This is a software problem with the card recognition. (Indentification)
The different hardware versions de Yi have a problem with the software.
isidorhuwa

@isidorhuwa Thanks for confirming. At least it seems a possable work around has been discovered. Lets hope Xiaomi can provde a solution. Freezes are so inconvenient!

@Spix,
Have another 8GB Class 6 found with me and used,
The SD card has no problems.
Basically, this is a software problem and Xiaomi has to eliminate the role of this problem.
Have only no competent partner found.
Gruss isidorhuwa

@isidorhuwa Thanks for confirming. At least it seems a possable work around has been discovered. Lets hope Xiaomi can provde a solution. Freezes are so inconvenient!
@Spix, if it does not work, I always downgrade to 1.0.12, as there are no problems. isidorhuwa.

@Spix,
The 8GB 6Class is frozen for some time.
The Software 1.1 & 1.2 is apparently not suitable for Yi Z22L.
Very frustrating.
greeting
isidorhuwa

You can downgrade???
1.0.12 is freeze free tested?
@Spix,

http://elproducente.com/

the 1.0.12 works perfectly, without freezing.
For weeks without error.
From 1.1.0 only problems.
Download FW and rename firmware.bin.
Copy to SD and start Yi, it starts with Yi beep every second.
In various forums that will be described in detail.
greeting
isidorhuwa

Back