Xiaomi Yi WiFi Issue

Geiko

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi !
I am having a Wifi issue with my Yi : whenever I try to turn it on, the Wifi LED stays solid on, and doesn't blink. I've tried to wait, hold the button, press it several times... Nothing works. Moreover I can't turn the WiFi off. Photos and videos can be recorded without problem.

I updated the firmware to 1.1.0 but it didn't solve the problem.

I noticed than after trying to turn on the wifi, a log file named "ants_net.log" is created in the root of the sd card. I post it here as a file cause it's too long.

Thank you !

Attachments

• ants_snet.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 21
Thats some nice debug data :) Can you access the cam via app? You could try to reset to factory defaults, but i dont really think this will work. But it's worth a try.

Unfortunately I can't access the cam via the app since I can't turn wifi on. I've already tried a factory reset but i didn't change anything !

I'm wondering if its a software or hardware problem

are you 100% sure you used correct firmware for your version? Are you 100% sure you downloaded the firmware file correctly? Feel free to use my mirror site.

I've just tried to use your mirror for firmwares 1.1.0 and then 1.0.12, and the problem is still here in both cases
I noticed that during the process of installing the new firmware, one of the power button flashes is red meanwhile all others are blue (and i think that normally all of the flashes are blue ?)

Then most probably it is HW issue :(

I am still waiting for my cameras to arrive so i can get serial console working and then anyone would be able to diagnose these kind of problems...

Ok :( Let me know if you have some idea to diagnose or fix the problem

Thank you !!

I've got a question, I'm sure the cam uses 2.4GHz to transmit. But would it be possible to change it and use 5GHz instead? Would there a benefit in terms of real time preview and general transmission?

There will be only benefit for those, that are having issues in 2.4GHz caused by many neighboring APs. And IIRC this camera doesn't have 802.11a capable device, only b/g/n

Hi!

Had this been ever fixed? I've just bought a camera for cheap price with this issue, I thought I will be able to fix, but no success so far.
Are there any solution or it turned ot to be a hardware issue?

Thx!

No Wifi? No 2.4G?
These are old posts!
the answer to second question is this camera only works on the 2.4G band. To have 5.0 G , buy a camera with 5 G. Does the cam connect with your phone?
Also, possibly chose camera default in the menus if the cam connects. Possible that the blue LED is not lighting?
If you have no wifi ( blue blinking light), delete any .ash scripts, and re-install the latest fw,1.5.12 found on the yi technology support site. If nothing works perhaps send it back if warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Forget about the 2.4G/5G stuff...it has nothing to do with this wifi issue. No, the camera doesn't connect to anything because it has some kind of wifi issue. Probably hardware issue, but that's what everybody tried to find out who has this camera. I assume you don't have this camera or you never had this wifi issue. No blinking blue light only solid blue light. No bluetooth connection as well. Latest official fw, no .ash scripts. Camera reset has been done multiple times. And yes, it's an old post, but I've only bought this camera a few weeks ago.

I have three and had repaired several from basket cases
Junk it!

I believe you. Then you haven't met this kind of wifi issue. :)

I checked at least 50 videos. I'm an IT guy, so I assure you I've tried a couple of things to fix, but no success.

Yesterday I've checked nutsey's website (http://nutseynuts.blogspot.com/2015/06/xiaomi-yi-action-cam-custom-scripts.html) and I've been messing around with the WIFI-STA .ash file. I've set up the file to connect the cam to my phone's AP.
After I've powered on the cam and pressed the Wi-Fi button, after 10 seconds it started to flash and I could connect to my phone's AP.
After I removed the script from the cam I was able to connect the camera to the application on the phone and I was able to check the settings. But after about 5 minutes it disconnected from the app and went back to faulty.
So my thoughts are that the cam doesn't have hardware issue, it seems like it writes something about the wifi somewhere and it becomes constant. But it's just a guessing.

Nutsey wrote or co-authored an autoexec.ash script that caused two Yi 2k cams I bought to record Wi-Fi password data and more parameters, because the seller misplaced his passwords! I'll look today on goprawn.com ,or copy from my pc and pm you!
Update :' can't find it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed this file on my micro sd card and turned the cam on. Download from the card only. I found when I made direct connection with cam by usb, my pc shutdown. The autoexec.ash file (after unzip) placed autoexec and wifi config read me files on card.
I was able to open with free program HxD and read the wifi data including including sta mode, password, and more. Changes could be written with notepad ++ . USE AT YOU OWN RISK!

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    240 bytes · Views: 9
Wow! Sounds great, I will try it and will let you know about the results. Thank you, I appreciate your help!

Back