Yes, the weak component is the micro-sd card.

country_hick

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently thought my dash cam had gone bad. It started to malfunction and I thought it was junk.
What happened was the sd-card corrupted itself. A fresh micro-sd card format was all that was needed.
The dashcam and sd card are both working again.

Maybe i should reformat the sd card every few months. I simply mention this to point out that memory can flake out.
I was pleased to learn the dashcam was ok and just needed to have the micro-sd card reformatted.
I did appreciate the dashcam flaking out to let me know there was a problem.

In short, check your micro-sd card every now and again to eliminate this kind of problem. It is the weak link.

I recently thought my dash cam had gone bad. It started to malfunction and I thought it was junk.
What happened was the sd-card corrupted itself. A fresh micro-sd card format was all that was needed.
The dashcam and sd card are both working again.

Maybe i should reformat the sd card every few months. I simply mention this to point out that memory can flake out.
I was pleased to learn the dashcam was ok and just needed to have the micro-sd card reformatted.
I did appreciate the dashcam flaking out to let me know there was a problem.

In short, check your micro-sd card every now and again to eliminate this kind of problem. It is the weak link.
Definitely, though I had a memory card SanDisk the other day that has completely crapped out in my IP camera, formatting didn't bring it back to life

I feel like what you say is an important reminder that should be stickied. Fortunately some of the newer dashcams have format warnings so that's good to have to remind you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Dash Cam Discussion 7
Back