Yet another video about the importance of winter tires

I am smart enuff to shut up when a Finnish guy start talking driving in snow or at high speed on dusty roads :D
Things were better back in the good old days, then we could drive every winter on many frozen lakes for practise and have fun, nowadays there is some stupid green nature laws and driving on the ice is forbidden and cars are front wheel driven, what a dull world this has become.
Also back in the good old days i had this...what it was called...a hair:)

This was yesterday just south of Nashville, TN. We haven't had any snow in four years and I was looking forward to a predicted 3-6 inches. Unfortunately, what you see in the video is a 1/4 inch of ice and about 2 inches of sleet on top of it. Not a single snowflake fell in my neighborhood. Last night it froze solid and we're under a state of emergency. The piles of slush are now like concrete and every square inch is ice, tractor trailers keep falling over blocking roads and interstates, and I'm pretty sure Ice Zombies will murder me as soon as I step outside. Hurry up spring.

This was yesterday just south of Nashville, TN. We haven't had any snow in four years and I was looking forward to a predicted 3-6 inches. Unfortunately, what you see in the video is a 1/4 inch of ice and about 2 inches of sleet on top of it. Not a single snowflake fell in my neighborhood. Last night it froze solid and we're under a state of emergency. The piles of slush are now like concrete and every square inch is ice, tractor trailers keep falling over blocking roads and interstates, and I'm pretty sure Ice Zombies will murder me as soon as I step outside. Hurry up spring.
Nice video :)

I suspect that a lot of these sliding videos happen because people stomp on the brakes. With the brakes locked steering does not happen on ice. When turning the steering wheel does not help you it is likely you will go in all of the wrong places. People need to let off the brakes then aim for a snow bank. I would rather go into the ditch compared to hitting a car. In fact, I have made that choice a few times. Often you are going slow enough you can reverse and get out yourself.

Last edited:
where did the video go in OP? "deleted by user"
Yea, the original was deleted, but I found a copy showing same thing. Just turn off the sound when TV commentator talks about it ;-)

I don't think winter tires will avoid a skid like that.
Maybe adding chains will be better.

heh, no... my dad lives in colorado, where it's legal now. mom's in new hampshire. the "live free or die" state. it actually says that on the NH license plates. you'd think with a motto like that, they'd legalize it, but nope. i do believe NH is an open carry (firearms) state though.

New Hampshire is an Open Carry state. Constitutional Carry has just passed the Senate and is in the house now.
A Pistol and Revolver License (CCW) is $10 for residents and it is a "Shall Issue" State. The only things a P&R
license gives you, is the ability to carry a handgun LOADED concealed and Loaded in your car. You can carry
Unloaded concealed , unloaded in your car, or 0pen carry loaded without a P&R License. You can not have a
loaded rifle "in or on" a motor vehicle. Including ATVs and Aircraft. (Fish and Game anti-poaching law)
By State law you can carry anywhere except a Courthouse. Federal laws have other places you can not carry a gun.

Malodave
Nashua, New Hampshire

Well due to recent events here i am pretty sure carrying a toothpick will land you in jail soon, offcourse this will in no way affect the criminals who allready carry / own weapons.
The M95 used by a "terrorist" in copenhagen saturday, our American friends know by another name ;)
8314282-bt.jpg

The hand guns later used by the same guy was a 7.65 and a 9 mm.

Last edited:
Back