Yi Smart Dash Cam erratic AutoPower off

adh-YiCam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I have a Yi Dash Cam model YCS 1015 INT that has been functioning without issues for several years. (I have been careful with the device to the point of protecting it against excessive heat from direct sunlight when not in use by covering with a white face mask, which is easy to don and doff, and obvious enough to remember to remove it before driving.) About two weeks ago, though, the AutoPower Off that should activate 10s after turning the car off has failed, and the camera keeps recording (flashing yellow LED) without responding to short or long presses of the camera's on/off button. In such a case, I have to restart the car and press the on/off switch to turn it off manually. The issue has been repeating in a non-systematical manner so far. When it happens, its associated videos are often corrupted. I have already tried resetting the cam to factory defaults (plus my preferred settings) and reformatting the micro SD, and that has not fixed the issue. Any recommendations? Thank you, and Happy New Year.

Back