You nearly caused the accident, but yes, rage on me

• Thread starter Deleted member 12474
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12474

Road rager experienced earlier today, 5/7/16. Makes a slow u-turn in front of me then gets pissed because I existed. Tweeted to Carmel, IN police department.

Be interesting to hear how the plod respond to your tweet.

Be interesting to hear how the plod respond to your tweet.

It doesn't look like they actually reply to anybody. Posted on Facebook as well, one of my friends is married to an officer on that department, maybe she will see it.

I wonder what he would have done if you'd blasted your horn at him. It didn't look like you had given him any reason at all to come after you.

Should have told him to hang around for a minute while the officers arrive instead of saying you're sorry. Nothing to be sorry about, he made an unsafe u-turn, whether it's legal or not where he made it, he didn't wait for traffic to clear.

I can't quite make out what he said. I assume it's something like:
"How dare you try to exercise your right of way when I've so clearly infringed it?"

Some people can't take being confronted with their wrongdoings, even when you don't actually confront them!

He said you almost ran into me back there....

Should have told him to hang around for a minute while the officers arrive instead of saying you're sorry. Nothing to be sorry about, he made an unsafe u-turn, whether it's legal or not where he made it, he didn't wait for traffic to clear.

Think you'll find that "I'm sorry" was a question not a statement, disbelief at what the guy was saying I guess

Did sound like a question to me, more like a statement of apology.

I heard it as, "I'm sorry? Couldn't hear what you said" though obviously the last part wasn't spoken.

And some people just go around looking for a fight. I leaned that back in elementary school, and some people never grow out of it.

And some people just go around looking for a fight. I leaned that back in elementary school, and some people never grow out of it.
Indeed. I was nearly run into by an adult cyclist yesterday. He was angry that I didn't get out of his way, so he tailed me for a couple of hundred yards trying to goad me into a fight, saying he'd make me a stain on the floor, and asking me to go down a quiet side street for the fight.
I should add that I was on foot, on the pavement, on a section with a wall on one side and railings on the other so two people on foot could barely pass, let alone cyclists. He took great offence after he got past me then turned to give me a dirty look and I told him it was the pavement and it wasn't a pedestrian's job to get out of the way of cyclists.
Like I said above, some people can't take being confronted with their wrongdoings.

the way I interpreted it also

It was a very sarcastic 'I'm sorry' and intended to sound like a question. Because seriously, what the hell did I do and why should I be apologizing?

I wonder what he would have done if you'd blasted your horn at him. It didn't look like you had given him any reason at all to come after you.

We made eye contact as I passed him but I was finished with my 'dumbass' comment long before he would have been able to see me say anything. Maybe I rolled my eyes too, don't remember.

It's that rolling of the eyes :rolleyes: that does it every time.
Don't roll your eyes and you'll be safe.

That sh*t don't happen here. Aggravated stalking = forcible felony. Forcible felony = Stand Your Ground. :)

It was a very sarcastic 'I'm sorry' and intended to sound like a question. Because seriously, what the hell did I do and why should I be apologizing?

exactly what I thought it was, think I would have done the same

It's that rolling of the eyes :rolleyes: that does it every time.
Don't roll your eyes and you'll be safe.

Children%27s+Safety+Transfer.jpg

I knew a guy once, you did not want to go Thhhh and then roll your eyes at him, saw one do it one day, he was picked up and trown up agianst a wall some 8 foot avay.
What is even worse in the guy was the biggest whiner i ever seen in my life ( including the guy in my mirror )
he once fell on a fishing trip one winter and as you know if your hurt your froozen fingers it hurt more than usioal, well he did that and whined so bad i allmost panicked, first i allmost reversed my car into a concrete thing, then i drove him extra fast to the hospital, and what happned,,,, he got a bandaid on his little finger :rolleyes:

Some people can't take being confronted with their wrongdoings, even when you don't actually confront them!
Yeah, because nowadays too many drivers/riders expect other road users to just not GAF about their screw-ups, but they're always "armed and ready" to snap, even when no one confronts them, like you said.

Back