You said it "KK"

Yes. Better to have them shake their fist at you for daring to warn them, than have one wobble in front of you.
It would also have been safer to overtake sooner. That's the price you pay for being too nice!!!
I've never known a cyclist shake their fist at a short beep, when I cycled a lot on narrow roads I always appreciated it since it let me know that they were awake and going to give me some space.

reminds me of a time some school kids (probably early teens) were riding 5 abreast, completely blocking both lanes of the road in a neighborhood. i gave a light tap on the horn because they were talking loudly and honestly may not have heard me... a couple of them turned around and laughed, and they continued blocking the road. i gave em a few more seconds, tapped the horn again. this time they laughed more and aflipped me the bird. ok, so... I fell back another 100 ft or so, then put in the clutch, floored the gas and started bouncing off the rev limiter... popped the clutch for a split second and put it right back in, just to bark the tires (i was already in 1st gear because they were going so slow). Lo and behold, they suddenly remembered how to ride on the side of the road, single file!

You were game. You live in Merica and they may have had guns, even kids :eek:

Yes. Better to have them shake their fist at you for daring to warn them, than have one wobble in front of you.
It would also have been safer to overtake sooner. That's the price you pay for being too nice!!!
I've never known a cyclist shake their fist at a short beep, when I cycled a lot on narrow roads I always appreciated it since it let me know that they were awake and going to give me some space.
Cyclists here are angry at ... well, everything. A motorist being on "their" roads is enough to offend them. Daring to imply that THEY should have ANY restriction on what they can do is enough to trigger a tantrum. Cooperation is an alien concept to them, even though their lives depend on it. It really is a mental illness, somebody should research it and find a name for it (something more clinical - sounding than plain "stupidity.")

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

pedalpumpinitis.

In general cyclists are not that angry here ( not sure about Copenhagen as i will NOT go there )
But around here with us main land Danes, its normally okay.
I assume these 2 old ladies was on their first exercise run on what appear to be E bikes, and actually if you look back at old town footage from Denmark, say the 50ties you will see one large mess of cyclists and cars on the road and no bicycle paths.

I am unsure if we too back in the early days just painted some lines on the road like in some countries today, seem unsure to me or at least giving people a false sense of security.
Our current system with the bicycle path as far away from the cars as possible must be optimal, at least a curb protecting you, and in places often a row of parked cars.

Back