Zenfox T3 recived

Hi guys, the conversation is very constructive and I appreciate the level of cross-fertilization you demonstrate in this topic, I probably mad the wrong choice on this purchase :(, but learn a lot from your feedbacks.(y)
Let continue please, it's a gold mine for dashcamtalk team.
If you order and paid for this unit recently, I don't suggest to do any modifications or tamper with as that will void any warranty.
I will suggest to try it, test it under the normal conditions you intend it to use it and if it fails the test then you have the right to return it to the seller if they don't come up with a timely solution for you before your warranty period ends.

from where did you order Viofo A139 ? no seen on Amazon
Have you tried buying from their website?
I've heard very good things about that system so far. It sounds very promising.

Last edited:
Have you tried buying from their website? VIOFO.COM
I've heard very good things about that system so far. It sounds very promising.

It's being beta tested. Not yet released to the general populous. I missed out on the testing and am quite upset about it. This is the type of camera I've been looking for. Albeit, unlike the Zenfox T3, it's three individual cameras instead of 2 (front + interior) and rear.

I wouldn't modify the Zenfox T3. Test it out, if you have problems, return it. Our models were freebies. We're out nothing. You having bought it will void the warranty if you attempt to modify and tamper with the product.

Zenfox team answered me regarding T3 heating in parking mode : Zenfox is aware about and made improvements, meanwhile they suggest to reduce resolution in parking mode.
I feel confident

Zenfox team answered me regarding T3 heating in parking mode : Zenfox is aware about and made improvements, meanwhile they suggest to reduce resolution in parking mode.
I feel confident

Not a solution....Trust us when we say, the camera has serious design flaws. Did Zenfox specify what "improvements" were made? Only thing we saw was a firmware change that disabled interior camera if unit got too hot. In hopes of preventing the unit from overheating entirely and shutting down the front and rear camera. Thereby, ceasing to record.

I assume they have sold some T3 cameras by now, and people with dashcam complaints do tend to find their way in here, but i have not noticed many with T3 issues.

Not a solution....Trust us when we say, the camera has serious design flaws.
You mean "Trust me"?
You never trust anything you are told!

You still haven't accepted that it is valid for a camera to shut down and protect itself if the car interior reaches 100°C.

Don't worry, the improvements are more than just a firmware upgrade, and despite what you have posted in the past, Zenfox are still about:
Zenfox team answered me regarding T3 heating in parking mode : Zenfox is aware about and made improvements,...

Reactions: Mtz
Reduced resolution will run cooler, but why buy a cam for high-resolution video then use it for low-resolution recording?
they suggest to reduce resolution in parking mode.
That will help reduce heat, but it's not really a solution or even a good "patch" on the problem. If you wanted a lower-resolution cam you could buy one instead of this :rolleyes:
If it were implemented automatically only for parking then it would be more tolerable but almost nobody is going to mess with a cam menu or app every time they drive to switch resolutions, they'll just leave it on the low-res setting instead which to me is akin to being ripped off :mad: I have a similar issue with another cam brand who has parking mode issues, and instead of fixing them just says to use the one method out of three which works :eek:

I'm a 'no excuses' kind of person; either do and deliver what you say or stop saying it, and if your cam can't do something then tell people that or at least delete that 'feature' so they will know what they're getting.

Phil

Reactions: EGS
You mean "Trust me"?
You never trust anything you are told!

You still haven't accepted that it is valid for a camera to shut down and protect itself if the car interior reaches 100°C.

Don't worry, the improvements are more than just a firmware upgrade, and despite what you have posted in the past, Zenfox are still about:

Seriously, do you have financial ties to the company? You've not accepted anything anyone has told you about this camera. Not @EGS , nor the dozens of other threads here or online about this cameras' poor performance. Porky Pig sums it up.

1609347628040.png

Reduced resolution will run cooler, but why buy a cam for high-resolution video then use it for low-resolution recording?

That will help reduce heat, but it's not really a solution or even a good "patch" on the problem. If you wanted a lower-resolution cam you could buy one instead of this :rolleyes:
If it were implemented automatically only for parking then it would be more tolerable but almost nobody is going to mess with a cam menu or app every time they drive to switch resolutions, they'll just leave it on the low-res setting instead which to me is akin to being ripped off :mad: I have a similar issue with another cam brand who has parking mode issues, and instead of fixing them just says to use the one method out of three which works :eek:

I'm a 'no excuses' kind of person; either do and deliver what you say or stop saying it, and if your cam can't do something then tell people that or at least delete that 'feature' so they will know what they're getting.

Phil

Analogous to selling someone a Ferrari as a performance vehicle and then instructing them to make sure the car never goes about 100KM/H and/or 60 MPH.

I assume they have sold some T3 cameras by now, and people with dashcam complaints do tend to find their way in here, but i have not noticed many with T3 issues.

Tis winter my friend in most parts of the world. So the heat issues are unlikely to plague people at the moment. See what happens in summer. Plus, many buyers are inexperienced. They'll have no clue if the camera shuts itself down for interior recording or not. Since the latest firmware handles this issue by default. Few people frequently check their videos.

So users may not realize that while driving, only the front and rear camera have been activated, while the interior deactivated, in hopes of preventing a total shutdown.

Yeah about the time of the year where Australia catch fire and try to burn itself to death like some protester.

Though looking at the forecast, not bad weather for the Aussies ATM, at least not suffocating heat.

Actually it is only winter in 30% of the world!

Source? Wait, this is from the Nigel opinions of World Falsities and Bullsh*t. Only countries in the Southern Hemisphere experience Summer Now.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/southern-hemisphere-countries

There are 195 Countries as of 2020.....So you're telling me that over 130 countries are now in Summer? Funny, the list above includes all countries in the southern hemisphere, and many on the list aren't countries, but territories.....And that list has far fewer than 130 places listed.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/how-many-countries-are-there

You must have been a politician in a former life.... I whole heartedly doubt even 30% of countries are in summer atm.

Winter is the coldest season of the year in polar and temperate zones; it does not occur in most of the tropical zone.
The tropics constitute 40% of Earth's surface area and contain 36% of Earth's landmass. As of 2014, the region was home to 40% of the world's population.

So 40% of the Earth, and 40% of the population do not have an annual winter, that leaves 60% that does, so only 30% of the Earth is currently in winter.

So 40% of the Earth, and 40% of the population do not have an annual winter, that leaves 60% that does, so only 30% of the Earth is currently in winter.

1. Only places located in the Southern Hemisphere experience summer during Winter Months.

2. The "Tropics" are located within countries. The tropics are not a country. All countries experience winter to some degree as defined by cooler temperatures.

3. I see zero sources supporting your baseless statements.

4.. For the "Summer" argument to succeed, you also have to focus on population. I doubt the uncontacted tribes in the Amazon RainForest or Papa New Guinea are patronizing Zenfox Dash Cameras.

I have to reconsider my assumptions and will start looking for a car alarm during parking outside and CCTV @home.

That would be the wisest thing to do. Storing weeks or months of motion detect footage is better than anything a SD card can offer.

If you order and paid for this unit recently, I don't suggest to do any modifications or tamper with as that will void any warranty.
I will suggest to try it, test it under the normal conditions you intend it to use it and if it fails the test then you have the right to return it to the seller if they don't come up with a timely solution for you before your warranty period ends.
Hi guys
Zenfox T3 dashcam mounted on a jeep car almost one year ago, would like to share that it works great, wonderful video, use it all while driving.
Tested it on summer under hottest condition, it continue shooting without single problem, videos download are smooth, I m positively surprised on performances and durability it demonstrate despite the fears I read from some users.
So No issue, downloaded videos several , simply dashcam overperform my expectations.

Hi guys
Zenfox T3 dashcam mounted on a jeep car almost one year ago, would like to share that it works great, wonderful video, use it all while driving.
Tested it on summer under hottest condition, it continue shooting without single problem, videos download are smooth, I m positively surprised on performances and durability it demonstrate despite the fears I read from some users.
So No issue, downloaded videos several , simply dashcam overperform my expectations.
Glad it is working so well for you and many of us wish it had worked that well. If you took the time to read my experience with it as well as others (not that it matters any longer) and what it took to make it work in an acceptable manner after some extensive modification to the cooling system.
But also what we where working with, was some testing samples and it is possible the manufacturer corrected the overheating issues to the units sold to the general public.
As for the picture quality, I think it did a decent job.
Mine is in the garage literally collecting dust. No intentions of passing it along to someone else expecting it to be reliable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back