zoom and macro lenses

totalguy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
surely if things like this can be produced we should be able to get one for the sj7 star?

kind of disappointed at the limited accessories for the sj7 star. there are plenty for the other sjcam models

any idea from sjcam themselves when you are going to produce more products?

surely if things like this can be produced we should be able to get one for the sj7 star?

kind of disappointed at the limited accessories for the sj7 star. there are plenty for the other sjcam models

any idea from sjcam themselves when you are going to produce more products?
the Zoom lenses are mainly for phones, right? I haven't seen any for action cameras....

We have released UV filters for SJ7, and SJ6 so we have been releasing more accessories. There has be enough demand though for us to start releasing a lot of accessories... We have sent your request to our dev team. Thanks!

yeah the link is for phones but surely if those can be done cheaply something for the sjcam series can be too, thats what i am trying to say :)

yeah the link is for phones but surely if those can be done cheaply something for the sjcam series can be too, thats what i am trying to say :)
Indeed! Thanks for the suggestion :)

the Zoom lenses are mainly for phones, right? I haven't seen any for action cameras....
I once bought a filter set including telephoto and wide angle adapters-they simply won't work on action cam fixed-focus lenses! It's like looking down inside a barrel! It was returned!

There are many M12 thread zoom lenses that can indeed be fitted to action cameras. They are primarily designed for CCTV cameras but there is no reason you can't fit one to an action cam. You'd need one that throws a circle of coverage of appropriate size and has thread depth and back focal distance to accommodate the type of sensor in the camera you wish to mount it on. Of course, there are different qualities and specifications available.

Here is fairly cheap one from Banggood ƒ 1.4 - 2.8-12mm 1/3" CCD Manual Zoom.

I really don't think a clip-on or auxiliary lens would work well on an action cam. I think you would need a full replacement lens like shown here.

zoomlens.png zoom.jpg

Here's their higher Mega pixel offering.
3mpxl.jpg

Last edited:
Back