Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | NEW* V 1.1.1(E) Coming

Have any units been bricked by the custom firmware update?
Is update reversible and/or upgradable to Pittasoft firmware?
Any missing features?
Thanks!

Pappy said:
Any missing features?
Thanks!

You can brick your dashcam if you install the Custom Firmware then update to a Stock Firmware. There is a special process you gotta follow if you want to go back to stock firmware. Read previous pages.

Custom firmware is worth it to justify the price point of the camera. IMO the video quality of the camera isn't worth the price out of the box. It's worth it if you increase the bit-rate and use the new auto exposure fix coming in the new custom firmware.

I did not upgrade the fw 1.005E when I upgraded russian 1.005s

jsan said:
Pappy said:
Any missing features?
Thanks!

You can brick your dashcam if you install the Custom Firmware then update to a Stock Firmware. There is a special process you gotta follow if you want to go back to stock firmware. Read previous pages.

Custom firmware is worth it to justify the price point of the camera. IMO the video quality of the camera isn't worth the price out of the box. It's worth it if you increase the bit-rate and use the new auto exposure fix coming in the new custom firmware.
Thanks. Perhaps I'll wait for the latest update. And thanks to firmware developer!

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

Avenger1 said:
when I compare the default settings:
exec /mnt/nand/System/av_server1.out DM368 AUDIO 8000 AAC 24000 AEWB TI2A $SIZE H264 $BITRATE 0 VBR AUTO $(($BITRATE + 750000)) MJPEG 10 MENUOFF
with yours :
exec /mnt/nand/System/av_server1.out DM368 AUDIO 8000 AAC 24000 AEWB TI2A GLBCE$SIZE H264 $BITRATE1VBR AUTO $(($BITRATE + 3000000)) MJPEG 10 MENUOFF

There are some small changes. What they do exactly ?
GLBCE is Global and Local Brightness and Contrast Enhancement - by some observations it reduces a reaction of the device to changes of light conditions (darkening and brightening over-reaction).

1 – Enables High Profile that uses the Context-Adaptive Binary Arithmetic Coding (CABAC) algorithm, which allows a more effective compression with the H.264 encoding, but requires more computing power to decode videos. Do not use this setting in case you plan to play recorded videos on low-performance devices (you may encounter some issues with some of the Tablet PCs).

3000000 is a (higher than required) maximum value for an overhead bitrate; such value has been used during a number of experiments conducted by developers of the custom firmware and a large group of testers, and has been proved to be satisfying to the most of the sophisticated settings.

Default settings are for majority of users, those who are not schooled by experience.

NB: those settings are valid only in case avserver.sh is used.

@All, I use Sandisk Ultra MicroSDXC 64GB card since 25.03.13 on a regular basis (about 530 GB of recorded video). So far I have not encountered any problems. The card was bought for 80 euros from a local supermarket of electronics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mio please sent fw custom 1.1.1e

I would also like a copy of the firmware when you release it, thanks a lot!

Guys remove your address ;)

Hi Mio.

do you mind letting me have a copy of the custom firmware please.

I received my DR500GW-HD at the weekend and i'm am quite un-impressed with the video quality. It looks nowhere near as good as the promotional videos I have seen.

It's a good thing there are people like you in this world ;)

yella said:
I received my DR500GW-HD at the weekend and i'm am quite un-impressed with the video quality. It looks nowhere near as good as the promotional videos I have seen.

they have promo videos shot at a higher bitrate than the product they sell, make of that what you will

deleted :shock:

Why do you write an email to the overall theme?
Robots them identify and receive spam

Mio said:
Why do you write an email to the overall theme?
Robots them identify and receive spam
Right you are!

I am new here and have a DR500GW-HD arriving tomorrow! I just read through all 46 pages of this thread - very clearly I want the custom firmware.

I am about to PM Mio for 1.0.5ES but very much looking forward to 1.1.1E as well!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far.

The TheDukeZip wrote: "I am about to PM Mio for 1.0.5ES but very much looking forward to 1.1.1E as well!"

You can also download it direct from this webpage.
http://www.soltechsecurity.com/P/D/186/ ... t-in-Wi-Fi

Enjoy your DVR, I do.

Pebo said:
The TheDukeZip wrote: "I am about to PM Mio for 1.0.5ES but very much looking forward to 1.1.1E as well!"

Enjoy your DVR, I do.

I think He's asking for the custom firmware. The one in your link is Stock Firmware.

jsan said:
Pebo said:

Enjoy your DVR, I do.

I think He's asking for the custom firmware. The one in your link is Stock Firmware.

He wrote that he was going to "PM Mio for 1.0.5ES but very much looking forward to 1.1.1E as well!" If I was wrong, no big deal as I was just trying to help him.

custom firmware, does it have a voice to say there is no SD card like the original one????
today I started my blackvue when it didn't have an SD card and it never gave me any warning of it, I only realised when I came back in and saw it in the computer on the way out.

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

wozzzzza said:
custom firmware, does it have a voice to say there is no SD card like the original one????
today I started my blackvue when it didn't have an SD card and it never gave me any warning of it, I only realised when I came back in and saw it in the computer on the way out.

Below are the voices in this cam

Mtz said:
My english is not good but tried some stringd.

Type of wav file:
wav audio file
Sampling rate : 8 000 Hz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Overall bit rate : 129 Kbps

This is the text:
Attention! Mode is enabled debugging emergency.wav << Attention! Debugging mode is enabled .
Checksum is wrong boot loader boot-sue-fail.wav << Boot loader checksum is wrong .
Checksum is wrong the root filesystem fs-sue-fail.wav << Root file system checksum is wrong .
Checksum is wrong kernel kernel-sue-fail.wav << Kernel checksum is wrong .
Checksum is wrong application software pt-sue-fail.wav << Application software checksum is wrong .
Video recorder turns off exception_power_off.wav << The video recording will stop .
No file checksum boot loader no-boot-sue.wav << The boot loader file has no checksum .
No file checksum the root filesystem no-fs-sue.wav << The root file system has no checksum .
No file checksum kernel no-kernel-sue.wav << The kernel file has no checksum .
No file checksum application software no-pt-sue.wav << The application software file has no checksum .
Please do not turn off video recorder during upgrade no-remove-power.wav << Please do not turn off the camera during upgrade .
Begins overload video recorder reboot.wav << The camera will restart .
Check memory card sdcard_check.wav << Please check the SD Memory Card .[/b]
Update the video recorder, please not turn off power system_upgrade.wav << Firmware upgrading. Please do Not! turn off power .
Boot loader updated successfully upgrade-boot-ok.wav << Boot loader updated successfully .
Begins upgrade boot loader upgrade-boot-start.wav << Boot loader upgrade will begin .
Video recorder upgrade completed successfully upgrade-complete-ok.wav << The firmware upgrading completed successfully .
error one when you upgrade video recorder upgrade-err1.wav << Error One occured when you upgraded the camera .
error two when you upgrade video recorder upgrade-err2.wav << Error Two occured when you upgraded the camera .
error three when you upgrade video recorder upgrade-err3.wav << Error Three occured when you upgraded the camera .
Kernel updated successfully upgrade-kernel-ok.wav << Kernel upgrade updated successfully .
Begins upgrade kernel upgrade-kernel-start.wav << Kernel upgrade started .
Not found bootloader upgrade-no-boot.wav << Boo tloader upgrade not found .
Not found kernel upgrade-no-kernel.wav << Kernel upgrade not found .
Not found application software upgrade-no-pt.wav << Application software upgrade not found .
Not found root filesystem upgrade-no-rootfs.wav << Root file system upgrade not found .
Application software updated successfully upgrade-pt-ok.wav << Application software updated successfully .
Root filesystem updated successfully upgrade-rootfs-ok.wav << Root file system updated successfully .
Begins root filesystem upgrade-rootfs-start.wav << Root file system begins .
Begins application software upgrade-pt-start.wav << Application software system begins .
Begins firmware upgrade video recorder upgrade-start.wav << Firmware upgrade system begins .
Attention, updates without checksum files upgrade-wo-sue-start.wav Attention! File without checksum used for updating .
Update completed successfully upgrade_complete.wav << Update completed successfully .
Unknown error occurred when you upgrade software upgrade_fail.wav << Unknown error occurred when trying the software upgrade
Versions are different version_miss.wav << The versions are different
Reboot the system_reboot.wav << Reboot the system

After the << I put some examples of translation.

enjoy,
Mtz

Guys at whom is not working gps on a custom firmware? We have to check software reset

Back