Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | NEW* V 1.1.1(E) Coming

Hi Mio,

Would you mind sending me your most recent stable version (before 1.1.1 E) of the custom firmware (12000kbs) in English?
I also just bought a DR500GW and unfortunately, I live in an area with lots of streets with trees, which adds
a lot of artifacs to the video. I'm hoping to fix this by using your version.

Thanks in advance :)

wozzzzza said:
custom firmware, does it have a voice to say there is no SD card like the original one????
today I started my blackvue when it didn't have an SD card and it never gave me any warning of it, I only realised when I came back in and saw it in the computer on the way out.

something very similar happened to me the other day, went on a trip and didn't remember hearing the voice saying "blackvue for you safe driving" but I didn't take too much notice of it, when I returned home I went to take the microSD cared out and then I noticed the, in error the SD card hadn't been pushed fully in but there was no warning to say a card wasn't inserted, I think a voice telling us the card is not inserted would be very helpful

bug??
Mio, can you test this and see what your results are?? or tell us if it is supposed to be like this or not?

I did not understand what to check
in custom firmware, this warning is
Dashcam will say that there is no memory card until you have inserted

Mio, when will you be releasing the 1.1.1(E)?

I want to ask
We can now give 1.1.1, but there are minor errors (not work all features)
or wait a little longer and we'll give 1.1.1a that fixes minor errors. will be added software based reset gps

Mio said:
I want to ask
We can now give 1.1.1, but there are minor errors (not work all features)
or wait a little longer and we'll give 1.1.1a that fixes minor errors. will be added software based reset gps
That good! I like the reset GPS setting. We shall wait for the stable firmware.

Mio, wait until its finished, don't give out buggy stuff else people will complain and end up bricking their dvr.
also on the no sd card, I have no voice when sd card is not present and dvr powered up.

wozzzzza so you have the same original firmware
or am I wrong?

Am open to both options. If possible, I don't mind installing what is ready if you already have it uploaded somewhere. Will update when the update is ready.

Mio said:
wozzzzza so you have the same original firmware
or am I wrong?
no I have your 1.0.5ES custom firmware, until you have 1.1.1a debugged I do not think you should release to anyone.

Pebo said:
The TheDukeZip wrote: "I am about to PM Mio for 1.0.5ES but very much looking forward to 1.1.1E as well!"

You can also download it direct from this webpage.
http://www.soltechsecurity.com/P/D/186/ ... t-in-Wi-Fi

Enjoy your DVR, I do.

Thanks for the assistance, but yes I am looking for the custom firmware. From what I gathered reading the 46 pages of this thread, 1.0.5ES is the custom firmware, 1.005 is the stock firmware. I have a PM out to Mio, hopefully when there is time I will get a response. Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:

I just do not send anyone to the firmware.
Today test 1.1.1a Russian, and preparing English
Next week, the English would be ready and sent to all

thanks MiO.bravo MIO

Mio said:
I just do not send anyone to the firmware.
Today test 1.1.1a Russian, and preparing English
Next week, the English would be ready and sent to all

Great News! Looking forward to the new firmware. Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication Mio!!!

I will be happy to wait a week! Thanks for your efforts Mio!

Hey Mio can you post a different video of the auto-exposure fix. I am interested in seeing the results of the new custom settings.

Thanks Mio. Keep up the good work!

I just purchased a 64gb sandisk ultra card but can't seems to format to fat32 only allow me to format to NTFS. Copied the custom fw to the card but recorder can't read the fw. Anything I should do? Tks a million.

Beerbelly said:
I just purchased a 64gb sandisk ultra card but can't seems to format to fat32 only allow me to format to NTFS. Copied the custom fw to the card but recorder can't read the fw. Anything I should do? Tks a million.

you need a 3rd party format tool to do that, Panasonic formatter, a disk partitioning tool etc, plenty that will do it

Back