Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

Yes, we need the connector pinout (which color-which pin) and more pictures from the GPS module. The previous is not enough, we need more clear pictures.
I have one GPS antenna from some radar detector but it have only 3 pins.

enjoy,
Mtz

More detail for Module GPS KORNIX Model KSM1328TB at kornixtech
for datasheet here.
But my gps is not working ?(Power LED is Orange flashing ).
I will test again. :(

Even if we will find the jack pinouts, only the KSM1328 can be used?
Second: even if we will find all the needed dates I don't expect such module to be cheap and I don't expect much lower value compared to the $39 original price including the mount system.

In the picos screenshot I see the GPS module can be offered also in the ball mount type system.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Even if we will find the jack pinouts, only the KSM1328 can be used?
Second: even if we will find all the needed dates I don't expect such module to be cheap and I don't expect much lower value compared to the $39 original price including the mount system.

I'm not sure on the cost front, but I'm pretty sure that KSM1328TB is a generic 3.3V GPS module with NMEA sequence output.
I haven't tested with another GPS module, but I have a strong feeling that any 3.3V GPS module meeting the specifications should work. It's just 3.3V logic serial port and power connections.

And can you show some link with a price for this module?

enjoy,
Mtz

After following this very fine topic I decided to buy the Livue LB100 and it has arrived safely. I am having trouble with the settings being saved so I need to check which version of the PC Winycam viewer (from SD card) I have installed.

I have a couple of questions that you might be able to help with:
1. Is there a configuration setting to stop the camera chiming/beeping every time an event occurs?
2. There is a firmware on the Winycam website: WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN. Has anyone installed this?
3. Before I attach the mount to my windscreen, how easy is it to remove?

Cheers.

Be sure your WinyBB viewer detected your card. If you have some videos on the SD card and you will see them in the viewer than the SD Card is detected and the settings can be loaded and saved.
In the first post there is a screenshot about the Viewer.

1. Try to put the Voice to Off
2. You can install that firmware. Already recommended here.
3. You can remove the camera from the mount using 2 hands and let the mount there. If you want to take off all the mount you can use some wire, card, dental floss to remove the mount. No residue will remain on the windshield.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks Mtz. The card was detected and I have watched a couple of the videos.

When I get home this evening I will follow your recommendations and report back.

I'm really interested in buying the Livue but I am confused. Can it be, or does it need to be, hardwired into the car for the parking setting to work? I also would like to know getting 2 of them- one for the front, one for the back- would be a good idea. Thanks for the help!

Mtz said:

As suspected, the pricing for GPS modules in low volumes does not appear to be cheap.

http://www.dpieshop.com/gps-modulesrece ... 26_73.html

I'm still looking for a $10-15 solution though my requirement is not very urgent. I'll keep you folks posted if I find something interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightmare said:
Mtz said:

As suspected, the pricing for GPS modules in low volumes does not appear to be cheap.

http://www.dpieshop.com/gps-modulesrece ... 26_73.html

I'm still looking for a $10-15 solution though my requirement is not very urgent. I'll keep you folks posted if I something interesting.

they cost from $8 to $15 (depending on quality) even when purchased in volume, expect to pay higher if you only want one piece

S2000CR said:
I'm really interested in buying the Livue but I am confused. Can it be, or does it need to be, hardwired into the car for the parking setting to work? I also would like to know getting 2 of them- one for the front, one for the back- would be a good idea. Thanks for the help!

I can be hardwired but it is not a requirement. Parking setting will begin 8 minutes after the vehicle has stopped or you can force it into parking mode by pressing the record button for a few seconds.

msdfw said:
S2000CR said:

I can be hardwired but it is not a requirement. Parking setting will begin 8 minutes after the vehicle has stopped or you can force it into parking mode by pressing the record button for a few seconds.

Thank you!

Is this currently the best camera for $100?

Does parking mode work without power? I,e. Is there an internal battery that does it.

Thank you.

Jazzist said:
Is this currently the best camera for $100?

Does parking mode work without power? I,e. Is there an internal battery that does it.

Thank you.

Without external power to the unit it will power off. It does have a battery but is only there to graciously close any open files when power is disconnected.

A note to anyone who may try to use the TV-out on this cam. Standard camcorder cables do not seem to work. I have a theory that I will test later. You can refer to my post in this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1061&start=10#p10571

That's the problem with standard cables, this is a connection type but not a connection standard, one of the first to break this were Apple with the early iPod that did video out, they changed the pinouts so they could sell a $50 AV cable

I can confirm that turning the voice volume to 0 also stops the chimes/beeps on events.
My unit already has the latest firmware.
I was also lucky to be sent the ball mount :)

jokiin said:
they cost from $8 to $15 (depending on quality) even when purchased in volume, expect to pay higher if you only want one piece

Thanks for the information Jokiin!

niceandshine said:
I can confirm that turning the voice volume to 0 also stops the chimes/beeps on events.
My unit already has the latest firmware.

Does it prevent the file from being moved to the events folder as well? If not, any way to disable the G-Sensor?
I'm finding the G-Sensor even in the lowest setting over-sensitive!!!

Nightmare said:
Does it prevent the file from being moved to the events folder as well? If not, any way to disable the G-Sensor?
I'm finding the G-Sensor even in the lowest setting over-sensitive!!!

No the file is still moved to the events folder. I'm afraid Low is the best you can do, and if your roads are as bad as they are here, then events are triggered frequently. I have expanded my events folder to cope :eek: .

Back