Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

I think in Korea will scary the thief, but in the rest of the world will attract them.
But until now is the nicest LED implementation I ever saw because of different patterns.
We are lucky because Livue offered a way to turn it off.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
I think in Korea will scary the thief, but in the rest of the world will attract them.
But until now is the nicest LED implementation I ever saw because of different patterns.
We are lucky because Livue offered a way to turn it off.

enjoy,
Mtz

They are indeed interesting and unique LED indication lights.

TealShark said:
Do the blue leds on the front serve any purpose at all (ie., theft deterrant) or does it just draw attention to your car for potential thieves?

I personally turned the LED's off. My opinion; the lights attract attention, and that will probably mean a break in or something to that extent

Finally managed to set the correct time on my cam. Apparently the WinyBBViewer isn't setting the time. The Android app does though.

With the G-sensor set to low, about 20% of the videos are events videos. Not so cool. I guess once a week I'll have to delete them from the card.

config setting went to default today

strange thing happened today. all the configuration settings went back to default factory settings. how did i know? the voice prompts which i set to zero volume started talking again. i did notice that the card was full and was beginning to overwrite. has this happened to anyone before or is this a one off?

Try to make setup.cfg read only.
But because this happened first time yesterday to me also, I think maybe this was because of Daylight Saving Time checked.

enjoy,
Mtz

kps said:
wingnut000 said:
I've tried to open the config file manually in notepad etc but its barely got any data, does anyone know what format its in? I'm a .net developer so could build a basic app to manage the settings if I could reverse engineer the config file.
Coincidentally I was looking at this earlier today. A friend of mine has ordered one of these on my recommendation (based on the reviews here; I don't have one) but does not have a Windows or Android system. The format for the setup.cfg generated by the software here is (approximately, no guarantees, use at your own risk, blah blah blah):
Code:
Offset Length Field                 Values
------ ------ --------------------- -------------------------------------------
0x00   16     Model Name            "V300HD\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"
0x10   16     Serial Number         "Rev2.0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"
0x20   16     Firmware Version      "v20121115_EN\0\0\0\0"
0x30    4     Mode Setup            0 (Normal) | 1 (Event)
0x34    4     Resolution            1 (VGA) | 2 (D1) | 3 (HD)
0x38    4     Normal Recording Time 30 | 60 | 120
0x3C    4     Video Quality         4 (Normal) | 6 (High) | 8 (Super)
0x40    4     G-Sensor Sensitivity  0 (Low) | 1 (Medium) | 2 (High)
0x44    4     Parking Mode Change   0 (Off) | 1 (On)
0x48    4     Minute                0 - 59
0x4C    4     Hour                  0 - 23
0x50    4     Day                   1 - xx
0x54    4     Month                 1 - 12
0x58    4     Year                  ?
0x5C    4     Set Time              0 (No) | 1 (Yes)
0x60    4     LED Lighting          0 (Off) | 1 (On)
0x64    4     Driving Frame Rate    5 | 10 | 15 | 20 | 25 | 30
0x68    4     Parking Frame Rate    5 | 10 | 15
0x6C    4     Recording Volume      0 - 3
0x70    4     Voice Volume          0 - 3
0x74    4     Brightness            0 (Min) - 16 (Max)
0x78    4     Contrast              0 (Min) - 16 (Max)
0x7C    4     Color                 0 (Min) - 16 (Max)
0x80    4     Motion Sensitivity    1 (S5) | 2 (S3) | 3 (S1) | 4 (S2) | 5 (S4) 
0x84    4     Overwrite             0 (On) | 1 (Off)
0x88    4     Storage for Movie     (%)
0x8C    4     Storage for Motion    (%)
0x90    4     Storage for Event     (%)
0x94    4     Discharge Protection  0 (On) | 1 (Off)
0x98    4     Time Zone             0 - 32 (Menu index)
0x9C    4     Summer Time           0 (Yes) | 1 (No)
0xA0    4     TV                    0 (PAL) | 1 (NTSC)
0xA4    4     Checksum              CRC-32 of bytes 0 - 0xA3
All 4-byte values are little-endian, i.e. the least significant (and usually only nonzero) byte is first. Note that the various on/off yes/no fields are not consistent in their use of 0 and 1, some of the other fields (like Motion Sensitivity) are strange, and the time's seconds are not stored. I have not yet investigated the checksum, but I'd bet it's a common CRC32.

Edit: CRC32 confirmed.

thanks for this, how did you get this format? Is there a windows app I can use to view the setup cfg like this?

Do the apps work in xp? I might install a virtual machine just so I can edit the config using the apps, the android app is a pain for me.

also I wired my cam in properly today to a 12v constant feed but I'm not sure I'd I have battery protection enabled ? Can someone confirm what setting this is in the android app (since windows app does not work)

I already said Livue have a nice manual (from which you can understand more things than you expect). At page 11 is a screenshot about Power LED color message about Power Save:

In the Android application the name is: „Constant Power Discharge Protection Function” and for the WinyCam (which is in our Livues) software is offering only the Yes or No.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Livue Led Operation.jpg
    Livue Led Operation.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 234
Thanks!

After upgrade to the latest firmware from Winycam (WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN), I no longer hear the "Recording Stop" voice message when the key/power is removed. I can still hear the "Start Recording" message though. Anyone else facing this issue?

Any way to reduce the G-sensor Event trigger sensitivity or disable it. I have it in the lowest setting via GUI, but it is still too sensitive for the roads in this part of the world.

No solution for your questions. Only a firmware update can fix this.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just received my LB100 from lightnspace and I received the mount with the ball. I'm not sure if that's better or worse, but it's definitely different than I was expecting.

Maybe our forum members should made a request on ebay seller before buying the camera regarding the mount system and ask from the start what they want. Something like: "Please, if you have available the mounting system with the ball, send it to me, not the fixed one".
Regarding mounting systems, did anybody bought the version with GPS? On the ebay page, few buyers have also the GPS on their cameras.
Brungle said:
I've finally got around to play with the camera but I have a problem with the WinyBBViewer v1.0.3 crashing when I click config. it says 'gic.blackbox has stopped responding'
Today my WinyBBViewer started working again. :lol:
I don't know if this is because of the new firmware release named WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN.bin. I don't know the changelog for the new firmware but I hope some other users will find what is new. The english voices are still not so good as the first firmware.
Firmware was installed OK as you can see in this screenshot, on the right bottom:

When disconnecting the camera the english voice said: Recording will be end

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• drf0_130403_175515_I.mp4_snapshot_00.14_[2013.04.03_18.23.36].jpg
    drf0_130403_175515_I.mp4_snapshot_00.14_[2013.04.03_18.23.36].jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 285
Brungle said:
thanks for this, how did you get this format? Is there a windows app I can use to view the setup cfg like this?
I used the Windows program from the SD card image here, and changed one setting at a time to see how the setup.cfg file changed.

There is one amendment to my previous post: the recording time at offset 0x38 appears to be two bytes, and the following two bytes at 0x3A are sometimes 0xCCCC. I have no idea why.

Will be nice if you can compare with the WinyCam PC NEW Viewer because the cfg files are different, but the new viewer have more options for the Power discharge feature and I like to have that. At least for example the 32h.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Will be nice if you can compare with the WinyCam PC NEW Viewer because the cfg files are different
When I use the New Viewer on setup.cfg from here, the format appears to be generally the same. Possibly different firmware versions have different cfg file formats.

Mtz said:
the new viewer have more options for the Power discharge feature and I like to have that.
The value in setup.cfg is the number of minutes, if it is not off or unlimited. That is,
Code:
0x94    Discharge Protection  00 00 = On
                              01 00 = Off
                              78 00 = 2 hours
                              F0 00 = 4 hours
                              E0 01 = 8 hours
                              D0 02 = 12 hours
                              A0 05 = 24 hours
                              70 08 = 36 hours
                              40 0B = 48 hours
Maybe values that are not in the menu would also work, e.g. 3C 00 = 1 hour?

Edit: After work I will post a little python script to fix the checksum of a setup.cfg in case anyone wants to try changing the file by hand (e.g. with a hex editor).
Edit²: Attached.

Attachments

• livue-checksum.zip
    590 bytes · Views: 5
Mtz said:
Regarding mounting systems, did anybody bought the version with GPS? On the ebay page, few buyers have also the GPS on their cameras.

I did not get the GPS version. I thought about it, but ultimately decided the $30+ was a bit steep for a feature that doesn't add a whole lot to the camera for what I'll be using it for.

I'm really liking this camera so far. I did a couple of test drives today and, aside from it adjusting the brightness rather violently now and then, it's nice, crisp and clear. I haven't noticed any focus issues yet, but I haven't put it through any big shakedowns yet.

Hey teal shark, are you on OptimaForums?
Anyways, I think I'm going to take the plunge and purchase this camera based on the review here and all of the posts in this thread. I'm also going to go ahead and purchase the gps mount with it. $135 shipped isn't too bad IMO.

kps said:
When I use the New Viewer on setup.cfg from here, the format appears to be generally the same. Possibly different firmware versions have different cfg file formats.
Please look in the attachment. Each cfg file was created by different viewers according to their name. You will see two different values and also one file is longer (bigger) than another.
After creating the cfg file with the new viewer, inserting in the camera and powering it on, the setup cfg file will return to its default values which are for the current viewer. So creating setup.cfg with New Viewer is useless.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• different_setup_cfg.zip
    530 bytes · Views: 10
Wow, looks like alot has progressed since I first came around. Its been a few weeks with the camera, and all is great. I checked the videos once a week to make sure it records ok, and everything seems to be fine. Nothing really interesting has really happened to me to post videos online, but I did have one semi-close call. One thing ive noticed is that watching everything in videos make things seem ALOT slower. this is nothing wrong with the camera, but rather a phenomena of being "in the moment".

Anyways, heres the video

And heres another, just with some brighter lighting

One thing ive noticed, is that the videos look very sharp on my cellphone, but seem to look worse on my computer. I feel as if i can read more license plates and signs on my phone. Maybe its just the density of pixels tricking my mind. Other then that, it seems as if the focal length is too short. In the 2nd video, you can see the reflection of my dash in focus. It seems as if items 2ft-10ft from the camera are in focus.

Back