"IR Light" Coming On Automatically

khill215

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 G1W's, Powerucc Panorama 2
On my newest G1W purchased from Baiklov, sometimes the "IR Light" will come on automatically when recording video. I double checked the "IR Light" Setting to make sure it is selected off, which it is. I tried turning it on and off when the light was on and it just stayed on. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you think my uint is defective?

Never heard of that issue before, but nothing a little electrical tape wouldn't solve. :)

Another option, if you are handy and feel comfortable with opening the camera's case is to snip the wires going to the LED emitter. I did that with my GT300W and it will not affect the operation of the camera in any way other than to fix your problem.

Thanks for the answers! I think I'll open it up and snip the wires.

Edit: I just checked the SD card and it saved the files as SOS files when the light came on. I have the G sensor and motion detection off as well.

If you haven't already done so, it may be helpful to look at DashCamMan's FAQ page for the G1W and look at the photos of the open camera before proceeding.
Another thing that might be worth a try is to locate the reset button, assuming it has one, push it with a paperclip and see what happens. The problem could be as simple as that.

Back