LK7900 Ace - F/W and Viewer upgrade and keeping your old config

Ken

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
I'm having trouble moving my (AC31) config.bin into the new (AC35) on my LK7900 Ace. The added settings make them incompatible it seems.

I updated the viewer on my PC (1.8.6.0), formatted a new SD card, tried putting my old (AC31) config.bin on that SD card, but the viewer won't load it. The device settings stay at horrible defaults. All I can do is "save" a new config.bin

Seriously, I have to install the old viewer, write down all my settings, install the new viewer, re-enter all settings? It's a bug the new viewer should be able to read old viewer (config) files. UGH

I put the new firmware into the camera this morning and will test footage this afternoon. But at present all seems ok with the settings will post results later today I amusing the latest viewer 1.8.6.0 Ipol

@ Ken I dont think the firmware is the problem I loaded AC35 into the camera then went back to the viewer 1.8.6.0 saved the settings I wanted one section at a time .....Then formatted the card everything was fine......I used to be the worlds worse when it came to new firmware, it became a standing joke on the forum ( watch out Ipol there is a new firmware out)I have improved as of late but occasionally hiccups occur.......Keep at it......Ipol

The firmware/viewer upgrade overwrites your old config with new DEFAULT values. What a hassle. This happens anytime Lukas adds a new setting to the config.
I had the previous viewer 1.8.3.0, reinstalled it and wrote down all my settings.
Then back to 1.8.6.0 and manually entered my old settings, made a new config file for AC35. All this for the "use CPL" option...

I notice "Driving Route Info Saving Interval" was in minutes, but now is in seconds. I had 10 min. but that option is gone, now 15 sec.

Will keep an eye on AC35 and see how it does.

*** lesson here: keep your config settings written down, or screen dumps etc. so you know what they were when the new viewer defaults them.

Back