New 2104 FW v1.12.02 Download link & Video vs v1.11.13 vs v1.08.05

Ha! Good point. Maybe I'll just do a handstand until I get my settings right.

Ha! Good point. Maybe I'll just do a handstand until I get my settings right.

To watch screen you need only when first time using dashcam to set the time. And of course if you want to check recorded footage, which in real world ( if nothing happends ), - you do not want to watch your driving from small LCD screen, - I think you will do it from home PC.
Me personally dont remember when last time I had to watch screen ( only when was installing a new firmware ), but on daily bases you only need to see that blue led is blinking, - this means camera recording, and that is enough at least for me ;)
For me dash cam need to be "set and forget" solution.

Niko - thank you for all the useful information, latest firmware looks good. One thing the developer may consider is that sometimes the license plate number is not possible to read at night due to reflection of my headlights from the plates that 'overexpose' it (so it is too bright, no numbers can be read), I am pretty sure that firmware can take care of it. Also, extra info wouldn't hurt - I.e. distance drive in meters (my iPhone idvr app does it). Miles per hour really important to have as well. And one question, I bout the dash cam about two months ago after first week GPS stopped reading km/h and actually is not 'green' anymore - it is orange all the time. Already updated firmware two times - doesn't help, any advise?

Niko - thank you for all the useful information, latest firmware looks good. One thing the developer may consider is that sometimes the license plate number is not possible to read at night due to reflection of my headlights from the plates that 'overexpose' it (so it is too bright, no numbers can be read), I am pretty sure that firmware can take care of it. Also, extra info wouldn't hurt - I.e. distance drive in meters (my iPhone idvr app does it). Miles per hour really important to have as well. And one question, I bout the dash cam about two months ago after first week GPS stopped reading km/h and actually is not 'green' anymore - it is orange all the time. Already updated firmware two times - doesn't help, any advise?

You are welcome !

Not in all cases you can read vital data like car number plates, - it's all depends on light conditions, car speed and other factors. This rule applies not only for particular device, but for ALL other dash cameras as well.

Big factor at night regarding reading car number plate is what type headlights bulbs are used in the car.
I wrote about that here: Reading License Plates at Night. HID / Xenon, standard bulbs

@ your request "distance drive in meters ", - you can use most advanced PC viewer / player called "Registrator Viewer ", and he will show you distance travelled at any chosen by you from point A to point B, and many more other usefull info.
Mph - I agree on this with you, this also could be implemented and hopefuly with future FW-s we will see it, because developer working on polishing product and its firmware in regards what we ( buyers ) say.

@ your GPS, - I will ask advice from developer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are welcome !

Not in all cases you can read vital data like car number plates, - it's all depends on light conditions, car speed and other factors. This rule applies not only for particular device, but for ALL other dash cameras as well.

Big factor at night regarding reading car number plate is what type headlights bulbs are used in the car.
I wrote about that here: Reading License Plates at Night. HID / Xenon, standard bulbs

@ your request "distance drive in meters ", - you can use most advanced PC viewer / player called "Registrator Viewer ", and he will show you distance travelled at any chosen by you from point A to point B, and many more other usefull info.
Mph - I agree on this with you, this also could be implemented and hopefuly with future FW-s we will see it, because developer working on polishing product and its firmware in regards what we ( buyers ) say.

@ your GPS, - I will ask advice from developer.

Just got the replacement - GPS works fine (for now).

But I am running into two problems -

1st - I still cannot use my 64gb SDXC class 10 card (converted to FAT32) - still shows "card error".
2nd - the car recorder player that is available from manufacturer's website shows my location on map either in Asia or Africa while I am in New York; just used another "dash cam viewer" (found on this forum) and had correct location. I'd prefer the manufacturer version of the player to be fixed.

Also,
by using this car recorder player:
1. is it possible to take a picture "snapshot" from the video file - so, it is possible to get a picture with car plate number on it?
2. is it possible to either reduce video file size or (better) cut only part of the 2 minute file (could not send it over email - file size is too big)?

Thank you,

VirtualDubMod should be able to do both of those things for you
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/241775-how-to-make-a-screen-shot-using-virtual-dub
Can easily take a snapshot of the current frame and you can prune the video to the desired segment length. You might have to play around with the export settings, though. Or take a large video size and upload it to YouTube. YouTube will compress the video and make it convenient to just give someone the link and then have the option to watch in a smaller quality.

Just got the replacement - GPS works fine (for now).

But I am running into two problems -

1st - I still cannot use my 64gb SDXC class 10 card (converted to FAT32) - still shows "card error".
2nd - the car recorder player that is available from manufacturer's website shows my location on map either in Asia or Africa while I am in New York; just used another "dash cam viewer" (found on this forum) and had correct location. I'd prefer the manufacturer version of the player to be fixed.

Also,
by using this car recorder player:
1. is it possible to take a picture "snapshot" from the video file - so, it is possible to get a picture with car plate number on it?
2. is it possible to either reduce video file size or (better) cut only part of the 2 minute file (could not send it over email - file size is too big)?

Thank you,

Regarding 64Gb in Panorama II, read THIS.

Original PC viewer / player does some basic job, but myself personally using Registrator Viewer for all kind of functions. It's most advanced dashcam viewer at the moment.

Back