Powerucc Panorama2

Is there anyway to calibrate the accelerometer? When my vehicle is stationary, it is showing positive values on the x/y/z plains.

Is there anyway to calibrate the accelerometer? When my vehicle is stationary, it is showing positive values on the x/y/z plains.

i have the same issue with y and z giving same values as video above x shows correct 0.000 when stationary could this be why the g-force sensor is so sensitive

I have my G-Sensor switched off and it still shows some accelerometer readings.
I will forward this issue to manufacturer.

I have my G-Sensor switched off and it still shows some accelerometer readings.
I will forward this issue to manufacturer.
Mine is also turned off, if that helps.

G sensor senstive value just decide the folder. Also it is influenced by gravity.
The senstive can be changed by set up value. Even it is off, the vaule change by gravity is checking. The senstive just give signal, that file need to be saved at event folder or not. It is nomal even the car is in the parking place. Grivity give influence the value of g sensor. But it does not give signal to go event folder. Don't worry.

G sensor senstive value just decide the folder. Also it is influenced by gravity.
The senstive can be changed by set up value. Even it is off, the vaule change by gravity is checking. The senstive just give signal, that file need to be saved at event folder or not. It is nomal even the car is in the parking place. Grivity give influence the value of g sensor. But it does not give signal to go event folder. Don't worry.

Thanks for clarification.

This is the quality I'm getting with the 1.11.13:

HcFrJSa.png

Notice the washed out image, the wrong color temperature.

t4uGhmY.png

Same thing.

vrgbKLT.png

Again wrong color temperature and color blotches.

S5TBtl9.png

Same thing.

Not that I'm expecting reflex-camera quality but is this the quality everyone is getting ?

I just had another issue start on my camera today. The unit would power on and power down constantly. I thought it had quit after I unplugged the lead from the camera and waited a minute before plugging back in. It worked normally for a minute and then started the power cycling. I just left it unplugged for the rest of the drive. Plugged it back in for the drive home, and it worked flawlessly. I'm running f/w 1.08.05.

This is the quality I'm getting with the 1.11.13:

HcFrJSa.png

Notice the washed out image, the wrong color temperature.

t4uGhmY.png

Same thing.

vrgbKLT.png

Again wrong color temperature and color blotches.

S5TBtl9.png

Same thing.

Not that I'm expecting reflex-camera quality but is this the quality everyone is getting ?

As described in this thread, - it's a Beta ( test ) FW.
Official is still v1.08.05

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had another issue start on my camera today. The unit would power on and power down constantly. I thought it had quit after I unplugged the lead from the camera and waited a minute before plugging back in. It worked normally for a minute and then started the power cycling. I just left it unplugged for the rest of the drive. Plugged it back in for the drive home, and it worked flawlessly. I'm running f/w 1.08.05.

Do you have constant 12V power supply to your cigarette lighter socket ?
When you say "power down", - does at same time you see dimmed red light on the cigarette light charger on the red switch on / off button, or full bright led, or no led at all ?

Do you have constant 12V power supply to your cigarette lighter socket ?
When you say "power down", - does at same time you see dimmed red light on the cigarette light charger on the red switch on / off button, or full bright led, or no led at all ?
It's a switched socket and the vehicle was running. The led was full bright just like normal. Never had any power issues with my G1W that was using the same socket prior to the Panorama II. When I plugged back in to the unit for the drive home, I reversed the direction of the plug in the unit. It seems like a tight fit on the unit with the GPS receiver plugged in.

Is it safe to plug this into a wall outlet if I can find an adapter that is 12V DC?

All,
First, let me say thank you to all of you who have put so much time and effort into this thread to help noobies like me understand the functionality of the panorama2.
I have put in my purchase for one of these units through eBay yesterday, along with an sdhc card and a battery saver cord.
I bought it because my across the street neighbor has now hit my car backing out of his driveway three times in the last 4 months. The last time, he did almost $1000 worth of damage to my car. He has never left a note accepting responsibility.
Obviously, the most important thing I need out of this camera is the parking mode. In the previous posts, it seems that in the beta firmware updates there was the added functionality of recording a few seconds before the motion sensor was tripped. This is something I would really like to have on mine. Is this available on the standard firmware? If not, is there a way that I can get my hands on a copy of the beta firmware to install on my camera when it arrives?
Thanks,
Darren

if you're living in the UAE it might be wise to check on the legalities of having the camera in your car

Sorry - I made a bad key press when I registered. I'm in the USA.

Sorry - I made a bad key press when I registered. I'm in the USA.

ok then you won't have to worry about being beheaded because you did something wrong so that's good ;) there still are various state laws you should be aware of in regard to placement and also recording audio so wise to check up on those anyway, other than that though you'll be good to go

All,
First, let me say thank you to all of you who have put so much time and effort into this thread to help noobies like me understand the functionality of the panorama2.
I have put in my purchase for one of these units through eBay yesterday, along with an sdhc card and a battery saver cord.
I bought it because my across the street neighbor has now hit my car backing out of his driveway three times in the last 4 months. The last time, he did almost $1000 worth of damage to my car. He has never left a note accepting responsibility.
Obviously, the most important thing I need out of this camera is the parking mode. In the previous posts, it seems that in the beta firmware updates there was the added functionality of recording a few seconds before the motion sensor was tripped. This is something I would really like to have on mine. Is this available on the standard firmware? If not, is there a way that I can get my hands on a copy of the beta firmware to install on my camera when it arrives?
Thanks,
Darren
I just got mine, but haven't used it yet. If I understand it correctly, you want a combination of Overlay and Parking Mode. Basically, as long as the camera has power and is recording:

With Parking Mode on, if the scene is unchanged within 1 minute, it won't save that part of the video clip. So you can idle for a long period of time and not waste storage as long as nothing is moving in the scene. Once it detects motion, it will save that video clip. Using "Overlay", you can make sure that the start of the new video clip file includes a few extra seconds from where the previous file left off.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but there is an option to set the length of each video clip before it gets saved as a new file. (e.g., you can have it save your recording as a file every 2 minutes, 5 minutes etc.) Or you can just turn that feature off so it's all just one large video clip file that isn't cut into separate files. But let's say you're breaking up the recording and having it save a new file every 2 minutes: obviously if the scene is idle for many minutes (lets say 8 minutes and 30 seconds), it just won't save anything for those clips. But let's say at minute 8:31 it detects motion. I'm not sure if it will save everything from 8min to 10min to a file, or if it will start the new saved file at 8m31s and then save it at 10m31s. In your case, it would be ideal for it to save it from 8min to 10min to make sure you get some of the scene before movement happened. Hopefully I didn't confuse you...but I would also like to know these answers.

I just had another issue start on my camera today. The unit would power on and power down constantly.
This issue i see if i take a partly dead (or dying) SD card. Discard the memoy card an you will be fine.
Those two cards affected did actually still ran in other devices (still cams) but finally died later completely, taking some unsaved images into their graves....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back