Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

I won't start over reacting until until I come out and find the camera dangling from the power cord ... :) But it is nice to know that a replacement would be available, thanks for that.
I would say if you are using the thick bracket then getting the replacement would be recommended, should be available for you by the end of the month so you can change it over

have these cameras been crash tested to ensure the brackets dont break or fall off under minor to large G forces??

There's no crash test for these, there is a design issue with the thicker bracket though, that one is being redone now, the updated version and the thinner bracket both needed a 6kg pull force to get them to detatch, the old thick bracket let go much easier so wasn't up to the task, given the camera only weighs 74 grams I'd think 6kg of force should be plenty

have these cameras been crash tested to ensure the brackets dont break or fall off under minor to large G forces??

Not that I'm aware of, but a close glass hugging large adhesive t-bracket is better than a long hanging ball socket design.
(those will get knocked up aimed to the sky upon impact)

If I imagine the angle of the window vs the front acceleration an impact would cause, I think the camera would slide downwards against the stop peg of the bracket. (staying on, not coming off)

Inertia is a big problem for cameras that hang from a bracket, in an accident situation if its a decent size hit, at best they end up pointing skywards on impact missing vital footage, at worst they completely detatach and go flying , lots of examples of this to be found on YouTube

Inertia is a big problem for cameras that hang from a bracket, in an accident situation if its a decent size hit, at best they end up pointing skywards on impact missing vital footage, at worst they completely detatach and go flying , lots of examples of this to be found on YouTube
exactly, that's why I don't want one of them.

I've got an A118C at the front at present but want to replace it with the SG9665GC and put the A118C to the rear (luckily I have a rear cigar socket)

Can anyone please advise on sites to buy the SG9665GC for delivery to the UK? Thanks

I've got an A118C at the front at present but want to replace it with the SG9665GC and put the A118C to the rear (luckily I have a rear cigar socket)...
That's exactly what I did, although I had the SG9665GC first.

What are the power demands of the SG9665GC?

Since the main unit uses a USB connector to receive power, I'd like to use a generic USB cable with a lower-profile car power adapter than what comes with the product. Want to make sure I use one that provides adequate current -- can't imagine it draws enough to matter, but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

What are the power demands of the SG9665GC?

Since the main unit uses a USB connector to receive power, I'd like to use a generic USB cable with a lower-profile car power adapter than what comes with the product. Want to make sure I use one that provides adequate current -- can't imagine it draws enough to matter, but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

I use this Monoprice 10 foot 5-pin USB-A to mini-B cable with an Anker® 4.8A / 24W 2-Port car charger to run both the SG9665GC and a Mobius (with the 15 foot version of the same cable) and it works fine. A similar RAVPower charger that has a 2.1 amp and a 1 amp USB port in my secondary 12V socket works just fine as well in either port.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, interested to know how it goes, we're looking at some things on our end, once we have that sorted we may need to send you some bits to swap out and try, the interference is not typical at all but we still don't want to leave you stranded so will work with you on resolving it

Hi Jokiin, i've tried just about everything and even disconnecting the onstar antenna completely didn't seem to do much good. I've just purchased a cpt 12v to 5v converter to hardwire directly onto my fuse panel will let you know if it makes any difference. My apologies for taking so long but I don't get a chance to go and sit in a FM fringe area while making changes and testing.

Any update on what you guys were looking into?

Fred

Let us know how you get on with the power supply, we're working on some other changes which we may need you to try if that doesn't clear things up for you

Back