Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Rick just a comment and no big deal on the 12v plug fitted to the power supply lead I have found that the two metal 'negative contact ears' stick out a tad too great an angle and it would be better if they were bent over slightly at the end to avoid snagging and jamming in the socket when you have to pull it out.

I accept that the insertion and withdrawal of the plug is not something that would be a regular event but as I have found during recent activity it can and does get stuck very easily.

Your Sony radio is aftermarket, right ?
Does your Ford has an extetnal radio antenna or its on the rear windscreen ?

The Sony is a factory fit option ( £250 to play MP3's !)
Radio antenna is external above the courtesy light on the roof so cables for the aerial will be close to the dashcam

FWIW I have OnStar in my car and have no interference whatsoever - AM, FM, XM or OnStar. I currently have an SG9665GC both as a front and rear cam. I know it's kind of comparing apples and oranges as it's two different vehicles but just thought I throw this out there as additional information.

Not sure how the Onstar connects, but it does have a connection through the car's antenna. Onstar has some sort of cellular service and I believe it's connected through the car antenna. I thought removing the onstar fuse would help but the interference was still present, I did lose the cars bluetooth connection to my smartphone.
There is a connection to the antenna hidden by the passenger sun visor, I'll have to locate it and disconnect the onstar antenna see if that does anything.

Fred

thanks, interested to know how it goes, we're looking at some things on our end, once we have that sorted we may need to send you some bits to swap out and try, the interference is not typical at all but we still don't want to leave you stranded so will work with you on resolving it

Radio antenna is external above the courtesy light on the roof so cables for the aerial will be close to the dashcam

That may be related, we're working on some changes that might be able to address this, will get @niko to keep you updated on the progress as we get closer

Rick just a comment and no big deal on the 12v plug fitted to the power supply lead I have found that the two metal 'negative contact ears' stick out a tad too great an angle and it would be better if they were bent over slightly at the end to avoid snagging and jamming in the socket when you have to pull it out.

I accept that the insertion and withdrawal of the plug is not something that would be a regular event but as I have found during recent activity it can and does get stuck very easily.

we're looking at updating the power lead to a better one, if the one you have now doesn't fit well in your socket we'll make sure to swap that out for you to one of the new type once they're available

FWIW I have OnStar in my car and have no interference whatsoever - AM, FM, XM or OnStar. I currently have an SG9665GC both as a front and rear cam. I know it's kind of comparing apples and oranges as it's two different vehicles but just thought I throw this out there as additional information.

yeah some vehicles can be susceptible to noise, we're working on some things to address that though, thanks for confirming yours is ok :)

we're looking at updating the power lead to a better one, if the one you have now doesn't fit well in your socket we'll make sure to swap that out for you to one of the new type once they're available

Thank you very much but I wasn't posting my observations to 'try it on' just by way of a helpful comment.

I tried to put my radio on when i was out driving last time, but due to my flaky headunit the radio was changing station ever so often.

But i did not have any noise on the radio ( FM ) stations, the antenna on my car is in the front of the roof about 25 cm behind the RV mirror, and about 70 cm or so from my dashcam GPS antenna in the upper left corner of my windscreen.
Headunit is a cheapo china duble din unit coupled to the original wire harness of my cheap Suzuki.

Thank you very much but I wasn't posting my observations to 'try it on' just by way of a helpful comment.
No problem, I didnt take it that way at all, we are changing the adapter to a better one and happy to send you one out as soon as available rather than you having one that doesn't fit well in your vehicle

This thread has gone quiet and I hope that everyone is enjoying their SG9665GC as much as I am. Regularly pull out the SD card and review footage and the quality is awesome. Have my DR600GW in the back window and works as a great rear facer. My next major investment is to sell my 4G Ipad because it will not read cards from either dash cam when I am out and get the new Microsoft Surface 3 to carry about with me. What do others use besides laptop/desktop?

Regularly pull out the SD card and review footage and the quality is awesome.

I'm pleased with image quality too, but I wish Niko would come up with a gadget to remove/insert easily and blindly that *$&§ microSD.

High on my list for next cam will be: uses standard-size SD card

I'm pleased with image quality too, but I wish Niko would come up with a gadget to remove/insert easily and blindly that *$&§ microSD.

High on my list for next cam will be: uses standard-size SD card

very few full size card options available unfortunately, it's very hard to work it into compact designs, I'd prefer full size cards where possible also

Then, forget the "compact" design.

Who asked for it anyway?
People afraid of having their windscreen shattered to steal an almost unknown and unheard of dashcam, while their 7-inch 400$ GPS is just lying there on the dashboard?

My ****ty old rear cam now is sooo easy to handle, push out the SD card, push in back again, even without looking at the cam at all, if it slides in, it will lock, and stick a little out so you can remove it without even thinking about it..

The SG9665 I really have to pull the rear-view mirror down and away just to feel where the card is... It's also on the wrong side, since we drive on the right and I have to use my thumb's nail to get it out...
Don't take this as a complaint, I was fully aware of it before buying. Just a grumpy old man moaning and waiting/hoping for perfection...

Imagine a cam that is higher than usual and thin, just like your cable extension cover, with a tiny lens at the bottom, electronics above, and the SD card slot just behind it so the card slides up and down easily or even on the side if you wish a few buttons on the lower side. You could have the lens pivot 180° so that the body could be flat and either left or right, so you can adapt to UK and France equally. (just examples of left/right driving)

UK: beware! I'm coming on the 29th.....Caution, driver is on the left! Avoid National Trust sites at all costs.

Last edited:
For me, BlackVue 400/500/550/600/650/750 - terribly removed the memory card,
Street Guardian SG9665GC - perfect!

I plan on extending my SD card for the 9665GC with 5 mm, too hard to insert / take out when you have just cut your nails.
With long nails its bareable, but today i was around 30 seconds inserting the card in the camera, and not forgetting the ever present "get it wrong" and launch the little SD card to god know where.

My plan is to glue a little pice of 1 mm ABS plastic in the rear end of the card to make it a little longer.

My 2 cents about power cable.

One of my car has Onstar and TPMS system for each wheel. - PROBLEM
Second one Toyota RAV4 - minimum electronics - NO PROBLEM AT ALL
===================================

Chevy Volt 2012 (GM)
I have problem with TPMS sensor with "Power Cord 1"
My TPMS displays two dashes (--) for rear back tire when connected.
If unplugged - everything fine.
(Thank you for pier28, he sent me replacement for broken cord)

My another power cord from navigator "Power Cord 2" works w/o any errors

SG9665GC.jpg

Now I ordered "Prevent Radio Interference/Static on FM radio Dash Cam Car Charger for G1W GT680" for replacement SG9665GC power cord from https://www.ebay.com/itm/311231769759
And will see if this cord will work w/o TPMS sensor errors

Back