What brand memory card

Teresa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought a no-name Micro SD class 10 32gb on ebay from China for only $12. It was working great in my G1W for a couple days & suddenly stopped recording. I emailed estore009 & they recommended I reformat or try a different brand of card.

I reformatted the card & it's working but I'm guessing it may have problems again.

What brands are working for others?

Thanks, Teresa

It seems transcend is the way to go. Mixed reviews with the Sandisk 32gb working with this particular camera.

The 32gb class 10 UHS 1 that Rcs914 is a very good choice.

It seems transcend is the way to go. Mixed reviews with the Sandisk 32gb working with this particular camera.

The 32gb class 10 UHS 1 that rcs914 is a very good choice.

Same here as well. I had bought a brand new Sandisk 32GB Class 10 card from a retail store and had problems in my G1W all day long. Bought a Transcend card from Amazon (signed up for prime too since i was in a hurry for it and Amazon free super saver shipping is now $35 or more instead of $25) I have not had one issue yet, and my Sandisk card sits happily in my Vico WF1 so at least it did not go to waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when Sandisk was "the best" but I'm giving up on Sandisk for awhile. They proved to be trouble on the mini 0801 as well.

Thanks for your replies.

I had problems again this morning & had to reformat. So I ordered 2 Transcend 32GB Class 10 from Amazon.ca for $45 (GST & PST, taxes) & free shipping. It will arrive Dec 3. I'll use the no name brand as a flash drive.

I remember when Sandisk was "the best" but I'm giving up on Sandisk for awhile. They proved to be trouble on the mini 0801 as well.

I've been a long time Sandisk user but will admit to leaning more toward using Samsung these days, just have this gut feeling that as a manufacturer they preference their own supply channel, not that there's anything wrong with that but as a consumer I want the best product I can get and right now I think they have the better memory product

Agree, my Sandisk Class 10 UHS-I 32Gig gives memory errors on my GT300W but a Kingston 32Gig Class 4 card works with no problem at all.
This in addition to the major issues I had with 2 Sandisk Class 10 cards on my Android phone.
Using the same Kingston Class 4 in a Mobius and never had a problem (going on 4 months straight)
Class 4 is all that's needed for 1080p/30f anyway. I don't believe the hype of Class 10 cards being better for dash cam (Write speed) use.

Last edited:
Agree, my Sandisk Class 10 UHS-I 32Gig gives memory errors on my GT300W but a Kingston 32Gig Class 4 card works with no problem at all.
This in addition to the major issues I had with 2 Sandisk Class 10 cards on my Android phone.
Using the same Kingston Class 4 in a Mobius and never had a problem (going on 4 months straight)
Class 4 is all that's needed for 1080p/30f anyway. I don't believe the hype of Class 10 cards being better for dash cam (Write speed) use.
I just rec'd an email from Vicky of estore009 & she said Class 4 or 6 works best for the dash cam. I already bought the Class 10 this afternoon but its good know for the rest of you.

If it hasn't shipped yet you can always cancel the order and go with a Class 4 or 6

I bought a Transcend 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 90MB/s read, 25MB/s write, with Adapter 45 MB/S on Sep. 7th for my X6 and it's working perfectly. Back then they were only $26CAD and I ordered something else too so the shipping was free, not so for the HST.

I just rec'd an email from Vicky of estore009 & she said Class 4 or 6 works best for the dash cam. I already bought the Class 10 this afternoon but its good know for the rest of you.
Teresa,

see ASIN B00APCMMDG on amazon.ca, it's still $26 + HST and shipping is free over $25

Jim

Teresa,

see ASIN B00APCMMDG on amazon.ca, it's still $26 + HST and shipping is free over $25

Jim
Hi Jim,
I think I ordered the same thing for $19.99 on amazon.ca & I had to pay GST & PST. I needed 2 (one for my nephew's dash cam that my sister bought) so I got the free shipping. I don't get how there are so many different prices for the same item on amazon.

Are we allowed to put a link on here? Probably not so here's what I bought...
Transcend 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 45 MB/S TS32GUSDU1E

OH, I just searched for your's & it links to the item I bought. I got lucky.

The tracking info says its being delivered tomorrow!! Free shipping & it arrives in 2 days!!!!!

Teresa's link would be https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00CES44EO listed June 18

Mine is an older listing https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00APCMMDG listed June 19

Yes, very confusing if the actual product is the same. Teresa's was listed June 18, mine June 19 yet the ASINs are quite a bit apart (the Boo.... numbers).
Wow, even more confusing, when I clicked the links to make sure they worked, both brought up Teresa's...(?) whereas searching on Amazon.ca using only the ASIN number, the results are different...?????
When the ASINs were checked on Amzon.COM, Teresa got the U.S. price , well done Teresa, maybe at that price I should buy a couple more.

There are higher prices as well.

Last edited:
Really strange. When checking Amazon.ca, you can search for B00APCMMDG, it will show you the correct search result but will bring you to the B00CES44EO listing. Seems like the B00APCMMDG listing is no longer active.

Here's a trick, I just used it to order 2 more cards at the $19.99 price.
On Amazon.ca....
Search for Transcend 32GB.
Scroll down until you see the card for $19.99 and click the "3 offers" link.
You'll now see 3 listings, the one by Amazon.ca says "out of stock" but you can still place an order, which I did.

The worst case is that they never ship at that price, because I don't get charged until they ship.

Thanks Teresa....:)
Jim

PS I just received a delivery date of Dec. 5 so it's still possible to order at the low price of $19.99CAD.

Last edited:
Here's a trick, I just used it to order 2 more cards at the $19.99 price.
On Amazon.ca....
Search for Transcend 32GB.
Scroll down until you see the card for $19.99 and click the "3 offers" link.
You'll now see 3 listings, the one by Amazon.ca says "out of stock" but you can still place an order, which I did.

The worst case is that they never ship at that price, because I don't get charged until they ship.

Thanks Teresa....:)
Jim

PS I just received a delivery date of Dec. 5 so it's still possible to order at the low price of $19.99CAD.

They weren't out-of-stock very long, my order shipped yesterday...

I'm a little late to this thread but I too had issues with a SanDisk card (brand new) and got a Transcend from Amazon as well (16gb Class 10 UHS-1) and it's been flawless.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LeJerk G1WX 10
R G1WX 7
S G1WX 1
R G1WX 6
N G1WX 2
Back