Another new guy

Toyomojo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Inavi FXD900 View
Hey all,

I stumbled across these forums after searching up on dashcams (more on where to mount the rear camera).

I'm going to be purchasing a dashcam due to other driver stupidity (it always is lol). More specifically I'm getting the Inavi FXD900 View to be hardwired into my wife's 09 Toyota Kluger Grande (Toyota Highlander Limited... same thing). Talking to people here in Korea they've all suggested to go with the Inavi products as they seem to be the most popular over here. Has anyone fitted a 2ch dashcam to their Kluger/Highlander (or indeed any other SUV/wagon with a separate opening glass hatch)? If not I could do a write up when I get around to installing.

I'll road test this particular unit, if I like what I see I'll get another 2ch dashcam for my car (Lexus 2GS).

Anyway I'll be installing it when I get back to Australia next week.

Cheers,

Jose

product is built well, performance is ok but not fantastic, they are popular in Korea, not so much outside of Korea

Hey jokiin thanks for that I'll keep that all in mind.

I see you're also based in Sydney? I've seen a couple of cars back home with dashcams, some of them like the ones here have a blue LED. I know that in Oz that anything like a blue or red flashing LED can be seen as imitating an emergency vehicle which in turns carries huge fines (all heresay really, never heard of anyone being busted for doing so by having a dashcam installed but food for thought).

yeah from memory there is an option to turn that light off, you would need to as it would certainly be a problem in Sydney (yes I'm in Sydney also, south west)

Welcome toyomojo

The beer pump is on the right, and the toilets to the left :D

Hey fellas thanks for the welcome! And thanks Nico for the link, much needed information, especially since the majority of reviews and details are in Korean (not so much of a problem though).

Cheers guys.

Just received the unit yesterday. Looks like it's built pretty solid.

Sorry about the crappy photos, all taken with my phone lol.
20150110_203339_zps5c84926d.jpg

20150110_204104_zps5e01e516.jpg

Welcome to the mad house. Enjoy your stay :)

Welcome I too am a new guy on here just joined yesterday. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here, any way welcome mate

Best regards
Yachtnutz

Hey fellas,

Specs as follows:
* 1920 x 1080 Full HD front camera
* 1280 x 720 HD rear camera
* 3.5" LCD touch screen
* Dual Save
* Cortex A8 CPU
* Super Capacitor & Thermistor shut off
* Parking mode & low voltage cut off <--- may be able to hardwire in without requiring additions such as the Power Magic Pro... fingers crossed on this one but we'll see

Hey guys,

Just a quick update on the dashcam. It works a treat! I have it hardwired in without the need of any additional power management units. I have my E-Tag in the way and the camera needs to be remounted (at the moment it's sitting offset right of my rear view mirror, will be moving it underneath when I get a chance). Just need a chance to have a toy around with the settings as it gets pretty sensitive with speed humps.

Here's a quick video.

Hey guys,

Just a quick update on the dashcam. It works a treat! I have it hardwired in without the need of any additional power management units. I have my E-Tag in the way and the camera needs to be remounted (at the moment it's sitting offset right of my rear view mirror, will be moving it underneath when I get a chance). Just need a chance to have a toy around with the settings as it gets pretty sensitive with speed humps.

Here's a quick video.

Nice :)

The picture looks nice and clear, I didn't notice any speed indication just wondering if it has it ?

Best regards
Yachtnutz

Cheers. Yachtnutz I don't have the GPS antenna installed in that vid because I didn't know at the time of purchase that it was required. Not to worry I can pick one up pretty easily for about $30.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bombcat91 Introductions 3
W Introductions 5
A Introductions 0
C Introductions 2
Jaxxa Introductions 0
Back